Memory Lane

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Remember THAT Broncos match that had you on your feet and ending with a thrilling result? You know the match where it seemed like the result would go one way and then a few minutes later the other or all was lost and then out of no where the team or an individual pulls out that bit of magic that gets the team home? For me traveling back in memory lane leads me back to a finals game in 1993 against the Canterbury Bulldogs, just a thrilling match where one side would score and it looked like they had it in control but then the other side showed they weren't beaten just yet, the Broncos eventually took control in this match with Allan Langer kicking the field goal to separate the sides and Alan Cann showing true heart and determination to score the try to get the side home, here's some highlights from the match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF9bJ5Qi_RU

Whats your match?

thats a great video GCBRONCO.

Alan Cann was fantastic, those early 90's games were great.

Does anybody else notice how dark the maroon on our jersey is these days? it used to be such a lighter maroon and really used to suit the yellow and white. Great jersey back then, would love for them to make the maroon lighter again and produce more yellow and white. Scrap the navy please!

I don't really have a match that really stands out, Its very enjoyable watching old matches that you've forgotten about just like the one in the video above. Recent memory is the Dogs 2006 prelim, but nothing beats watching old school footage!

that was awesome mate!!! thanks very much. If you search for it, theres a great Broncos win on youtube from the same season. when we beat Illawarra by 2 after being down by 14 with 10 minutes to go, John Plath was incredible that day.

quite a few spring to mind...

I think the one v Newcastle up here in 2002 is up there with our best of this decade. They were the premiers in 2001, Johns was playing well and we had only just scraped a win against the Panthers (who were near the bottom). Wayne told the media after that game we had "no chance" against the Knights.... then we came out and beat them. :D I think we had a player binned for 10 minutes, which saw us really stand up and be counted. Andrew Gee also kicked a 40-20 in the match!

another moment I remember from 2002 was Matt Cecchin binning Alfie for calling him "an expletive dumbo".... we were thumping the cowboys that day, but the small crowd came alive when alfie got binned!

Preliminary final 2006. Broncos v Bulldogs. Broncos down 20-6 at half time to come back and win by quite alot actually.

That clip is just a reminder of how good Kerrod Walters was. He was lethal dashing out of dummy half.

Crazy Sam said:

I think the one v Newcastle up here in 2002 is up there with our best of this decade. They were the premiers in 2001, Johns was playing well and we had only just scraped a win against the Panthers (who were near the bottom). Wayne told the media after that game we had "no chance" against the Knights.... then we came out and beat them. :D I think we had a player binned for 10 minutes, which saw us really stand up and be counted. Andrew Gee also kicked a 40-20 in the match!

yep, loved that game. Gordy got binned. and he got the loudest cheer i ever heard at anz when he was walking towards the stadium. The crowd lifted, the players lifted and Devere played the game of his life.

GCBRONCO said:
Remember THAT Broncos match that had you on your feet and ending with a thrilling result? You know the match where it seemed like the result would go one way and then a few minutes later the other or all was lost and then out of no where the team or an individual pulls out that bit of magic that gets the team home? For me traveling back in memory lane leads me back to a finals game in 1993 against the Canterbury Bulldogs, just a thrilling match where one side would score and it looked like they had it in control but then the other side showed they weren't beaten just yet, the Broncos eventually took control in this match with Allan Langer kicking the field goal to separate the sides and Alan Cann showing true heart and determination to score the try to get the side home, here's some highlights from the match.

Whats your match?

Watching vids like that make me think that anyone who claims Johns was better than Langer needs to give themselves an uppercut.

pennywisealfie said:
Crazy Sam said:

yep, loved that game. Gordy got binned. and he got the loudest cheer i ever heard at anz when he was walking towards the stadium. The crowd lifted, the players lifted and Devere played the game of his life.

I still feel we got dudded in 2002 by Harrigan. I'm certain had we got past the Roosters we would've won against the Warriors in the GF.

Scotty said:
GCBRONCO said:

Whats your match?

Watching vids like that make me think that anyone who claims Johns was better than Langer needs to give themselves an uppercut.

Beautifully put there champ!

Crazy Sam said:
pennywisealfie said:
[quote="Crazy Sam":sk9830ag]quite a few spring to mind...

I still feel we got dudded in 2002 by Harrigan. I'm certain had we got past the Roosters we would've won against the Warriors in the GF.[/quote:sk9830ag]

Tell me about it...

02 is the most painful for my generation. No doubt about that.

Hatchy said:
Preliminary final 2006. Broncos v Bulldogs. Broncos down 20-6 at half time to come back and win by quite alot actually.

Made a cool $400+ on +12.5 :)

Active Now

• BooKhaki
  • Financeguy
  • Alec
  • GCBRONCO
  • Waynesaurus
  • thenry
  • johnny plath
  • mrslong
  • Midean
  • Bucking Beads
  • Nerd
  • Justwin
  • Strop
  • The Strapper
  • Jedhead
  • The Don
  • Wolfie
  • broncs30
  • bb_gun
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.