OFFICIAL Michael Maguire Appointed Head Coach

I'm curious, did he have to buy his own shirt?
I'm sure they dropped by the merch shop on the way to the presser so he could buy one, then it would have been off to the bistro to pick up his chicken sandwich, or is that only for players?

Looks like the ball may be in alfie's court as to whether he wants to stick around.

So best to shut your mouth because you don't know shit.
This fan base literally gets what it deserves. Nothing but back slappers.

I know shit from clay & you're not clay.

Why do you keep saying, we this, we that, when talking about my team.

Also don't get on the bandwagon when the Broncos win the GF.

Mate, calm your tits. I WAS here, many of us were. Just fucking own it.

calm your tits GIF

What I imagine everytime I see that phrase

Madge:

“When you talk about standards and wanting to go the extra yard, Reece can really go the extra yard. Everyone can see what he’s capable of doing. I’ve always seen with my players … if you can improve as a player, you get hungry for more success, because it’s actually good fun when you improve.”​
“What I like to do is get to know the players. Whether that’s firm or not, it doesn’t really worry me. I have seen young players through the connections I’ve had with them as people, that’s the first thing I care about. If they go out and train extremely hard, they excel and all of a sudden, before you know it, the first graders are winning competitions and playing at Origin level. I have been able to expand that over many a player. I really like to know and get to know a player and if that’s me being called hard because I want them to succeed, it doesn’t hurt me.”​
“I’m sure Reece and I will have a bit of a laugh about Origin. I’m really looking forward to sitting down with Reece and understanding his game and being able to build his game. I’d like to get to know Reece, that’s the first thing I want to do, is get to know him as a person. Like all the players across the competition, they’re talented, but I want to understand him, how he reads the game and educating him to the way I’d like him to play.”​

EVERYONE. The old boys are what makes it a club. They are the legacy. They are who brought us to the club. They are who the current players want to emulate or better. You don't shit on the old boys like they're nothing. They're not in charge, but they are part of the tapestry.

They should stay out of the running of the club .
Turn up and sign autographs .Give out awards at the end of the season on awards night .

Webke , Parker and Tallis can all STFU and I would not GAF .

This point is a little irrelevant now, but there was a lot of hoopla about who we should sign, be it rookies or a "career" coach.

A big part of the argument was to do with the fact that Maguire had been sacked from his previous 2 coaching jobs; well guess what, pretty much every coach gets sacked. When was the last time a coach decided to retire? Bellamy will probably be the first in our lifetime.

I looked back through the current coaches who have won a premiership to see who has come up as being available.

2002 - Ricky Stuart; 22 years ago.
2006 + 2010 - Bennett; never coming back to Brisbane
2008 + 2011 - Hasler
2014 - Maguire
2015 - Green
2016 - Flanagan

All other premierships in this period are won by Robinson, Cleary or Bellamy.

There just aren't many premiership winning coaches available in the game. Whether lightning just strikes once for some of these other coaches (including ours) I don't know but I'm pretty happy to at least have someone with some bloodline for success.

I want him to crush the opposition to a pulp (in a nice way)

Payne has very little physicality, and thats what i think people are getting at. He doesnt hurt people either with his tackles or when he runs at players. He's a giant man who is a supreme athlete.

They should stay out of the running of the club .
Turn up and sign autographs .Give out awards at the end of the season on awards night .

Webke , Parker and Tallis can all STFU and I would not GAF .
Bens Ikin and Te'o are old boys.

Overall I'd say I'm excited to see what Maguire can do with our team but still think the club has handled this year and this sitution poorly.

All aboard the Maguire train for now. Lets go Madge. I just want someone to make the Broncos great again..

Go Titans

good on you for running with it beads. it's all fun and games in the end.

Unread

Active Now

• NSW stables
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Dexter
  • jd87
  • mitch222
  • FACTHUNT
  • Johnny92
  • Yellowfella
  • Strop
  • Big Del
  • Bucking Beads
  • Confidor
  • IceWorks
  • mrtij
  • Financeguy
  • Evander
  • Rah88
  • Wolfie
  • Jazza
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.