OFFICIAL Michael Maguire Appointed Head Coach

Multichoice is not real answers or feedback. What you really think might not even be an option.

People just click anything, particularly if they've had a terrible year and want to go on holidays.
Sure, and once again, I am not advocating for a survey, just for anonymity.

Something that fills me with a little bit of confidence with Madge is he debuted Adam Reynolds in 2012 and Luke Keary in 2013 and won a premiership in 2014 with a young halves pairing.
With Reynolds retiring soon and Black possibly his successor he obviously has a idea of what roles to give a rookie 7 to work well with a team.
Black could develop into another a real like for like replacement of Reynolds.

I certainly think he told him to jam in and smash the 'merkin' if those rotten Queenslanders dare run that shape.

Again he told on himself with the Taylan May whataboutism.
He would have been an incompetent coach if he didn't tell him to jam in on Walsh on that shape. It was an unfortunate accident., but the other off the ball stuff was dirty Origin behaviour so you can forgive it.

Just got baited by a clickbait title and didnt read the article but it made me think.. but do we reckon reynolds is still the captain next year? If some part of madge suspects reynolds was involved with the knife job at souths, does Patty get the C next year?

and would that be a bad thing?
As great as patty is, his record as captain is pretty bad. He’s too nice a guy to be a captain in my opinion.

Multichoice is not real answers or feedback. What you really think might not even be an option.

People just click anything, particularly if they've had a terrible year and want to go on holidays.
Do you know it was multiple choice so you? Did they have you fill one out too?

Amazing to see people so desperate to defend a ceo who has done nothing of note at the club but more than happy to shit on club legends. Our fan base really does get what we deserve . Just a soulless business now.
Sorry mate but sounds like you have lost it a bit. The CEO is not responsible for getting the players performing on game day. He is responsible for getting the right people in to make that happen.

Kev had four years, that is a decent stint. Kev had a real excuse when he first came in and a mission to turn the club and culture around. In a way he succeeded only to slide backwards. It was obvious to anyone that Kev ran out of answers. You can't keep a guy on who has no vision beyond "we need to get better, I need to get better" Kev had four years to set a standard and keep it.

The players are not all rookies anymore and Pies was a long time ago so that era of excuse and identity should have been gone, but it wasn't if we are all being honest. The question should be does the club look like it is playing better footy right now when compared to before Kev. Looking at the majority of games this year I think you could argue we hadn't gone much further.

We still play let the star make something happen footy. It's not good enough. It can work like 23 when injuries are low and everyone clicks but as soon as it got worked out we had no answers and not enough star players in form to make something happen.

DD did exactly what I want a CEO to do, find a replacement and get change happening. Kevs time was done and there was no coming back anytime soon. Players don't have another two/three years to see if Kev can do something. We don't have time to throw give Kev 12 more weeks when Reynolds is on borrowed time and we have team that has a limited time together due to salary cap. If we let next year go, we are no longer in the window. DD like me believes this club should be contending and is parachuting in a guy I think he honestly believes could have at next year's GF like Wayne did in 2015. So stop with the chicken little and get real about the actual state of the club under Kev and the situation we were in.

As great as patty is, his record as captain is pretty bad. He’s too nice a guy to be a captain in my opinion.
Bruh, thats a bit unfair. He was given the captaincy at a young age because there were literally no other leaders at the club.

Now he’s a mainstay in the QLD origin side and Aussie side these days.

Sorry mate but sounds like you have lost it a bit. The CEO is not responsible for getting the players performing on game day. He is responsible for getting the right people in to make that happen.
The same CEO who re-signed the coach earlier this year fella. I am seeing an issue with his judgement. Not to mention the amateur hour review they've held. All good if Kev needed to go but there is plenty of red flags on DD from what I am seeing.

The same CEO who re-signed the coach earlier this year fella. I am seeing an issue with his judgement. Not to mention the amateur hour review they've held. All good if Kev needed to go but there is plenty of red flags on DD from what I am seeing.
Wasn't he extended a few rounds in? Not that surprising given the '23 results. We didn't look that bad early on either. Ugly wins but wins nonetheless. Vegas sucked but at least we were competitive. Went completely downhill from there.

Wasn't he extended a few rounds in? Not that surprising given the '23 results. We didn't look that bad early on either. Ugly wins but wins nonetheless. Vegas sucked but at least we were competitive. Went completely downhill from there.

The season was a trainwreck for many reasons. Very sad times. If people think the club administration is doing a good job sure that is great. I don't agree.

Lets now look forward to 2025 and what Madge can do with this playing group. He's got his work cut out for him because they playing group is out of control.

Kev had four years, that is a decent stint. Kev had a real excuse when he first came in and a mission to turn the club and culture around. In a way he succeeded only to slide backwards. It was obvious to anyone that Kev ran out of answers. You can't keep a guy on who has no vision beyond "we need to get better, I need to get better" Kev had four years to set a standard and keep it.

The players are not all rookies anymore and Pies was a long time ago so that era of excuse and identity should have been gone, but it wasn't if we are all being honest. The question should be does the club look like it is playing better footy right now when compared to before Kev. Looking at the majority of games this year I think you could argue we hadn't gone much further.

We still play let the star make something happen footy. It's not good enough. It can work like 23 when injuries are low and everyone clicks but as soon as it got worked out we had no answers and not enough star players in form to make something happen.

DD did exactly what I want a CEO to do, find a replacement and get change happening. Kevs time was done and there was no coming back anytime soon. Players don't have another two/three years to see if Kev can do something. We don't have time to throw give Kev 12 more weeks when Reynolds is on borrowed time and we have team that has a limited time together due to salary cap. If we let next year go, we are no longer in the window. DD like me believes this club should be contending and is parachuting in a guy I think he honestly believes could have at next year's GF like Wayne did in 2015. So stop with the chicken little and get real about the actual state of the club under Kev and the situation we were in.

If you accept the sacking- then you can't accept the extension. The extension that just cost another million dollars.

I am not a CEO but the way the Broncos just hand out million dollars every two years to the sacked coach can't be great business and now whatever they're paying Madge as well on top of the payout gets added to the bill.

If you accept the sacking- then you can't accept the extension. The extension that just cost another million dollars.

I am not a CEO but the way the Broncos just hand out million dollars every two years to the sacked coach can't be great business and now whatever they're paying Madge as well on top of the payout gets added to the bill.

I'd say a deal was done that let Kevy step down at a reduced payout. Good business is to do this behind closed doors. Who knows what clauses were in that extension as well.

What DD has done has given Broncos fans a 2025 to look forward too.

Unread

Active Now

• winslow_wong
  • whykickamoocow
  • Sproj
  • MrTickyMcG
  • bb_gun
  • broncos4life
  • Dash
  • Hoof Hearted
  • broncsgoat
  • bert_lifts
  • heartly87
  • Financeguy
  • azza.79
  • Confidor
  • davidp
  • Johnny92
  • Redfern_1980
  • Justwin
  • Fitzy
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.