OFFICIAL Michael Maguire Appointed Head Coach

Why is Tallis & co bagging the Maguire signing, but not bagging Lockyer for sacking Kevvie.
He's been questioning the club's administration and that includes Lockyer.

The buck stops at the board.

But it is still a fact.

Tallis is generally right more than wrong on most things. YMMV on his delivery.

I like that he rarely holds back.

You are happily hand waving away a premiership both in the super league and here (a 44 year drought breaking one at that) and pretending all he has done is win the origin.

And how long ago were both those premierships?

Besides I'm not hand waiving that away, I'm pointing out that saying him missing finals in his last six seasons is not something to shrug your shoulders at.

As I said, I want to be proven wrong but I'm not ignorant that he is not an elite coach, he needs to prove that he is. I am more than hoping he does but it isn't based on RECENT track record, it is based purely on hope.

You know who else won multiple premierships YEARS ago? Tim Sheens, how did his last coaching stint go?

The funniest thing I have heard from all this madge signing stuff is boomers like Dean Ritchie saying he is going to cut the rot of reece walsh wearing big ass sun glasses in the dressing room and nail polish like that was the reason the Broncos sucked this year. Deadset.... need to weed some of these dinosaurs out of these cushy jobs. He would have a stroke if he watched the nba or nfl

Congrats on agreeing with Tallis, must feel good to support someone that actively hates us.

Most coaches are ‘failed’ by that metric or else they aren’t available. If you used that same thinking the Panthers wouldn’t have gotten Cleary back. It’s a disingenuous point that Tallis is making and a lot of people let him get away with it.
Lol I'm not supporting tallis, I'm just agreeing that I'm skeptical of appointing someone who hasn't made the finals in 6 seasons. It's a good point.

Also skeptical of madge specifically who unlike cleary, didn't Improve the tigers once in any of his 4 seasons he was there. (9th, 11th, 13th, spoon).

The last time he improved an NRL club was over a decade ago. If he doesnt get us to a grand final by 2027 tallis will be right. Lucky for Madge, he's not building a team of wooden spooners. Majority of his roster played a grand final 12 months ago. There's no excuses for him.

Madge didn't do anything at the Tigers, you can't tell me he left that club in a better position than it were in when he took the job. This is alarming, Kev left the Broncos in a better position, unquestionably. This is something I am finding very hard to get out of my head. It's quite possible and highly probable that Maguire sat down after the Tigers job and told himself he's not walking into a broken club ever again.

I also think there's this huge misconception about Maguire probably based on his demeanour when he fronts up to media. He comes across as a hard nosed no nonsense kind of guy, if that were true people wouldn't want to play for him. You've got to be personable in at least some way to your playing group, you can't just be a dictator, which I don't believe he is. That's the way people think of him though. It's not accurate.

It's quite possible and highly probable that Maguire sat down after the Tigers job and told himself he's not walking into a broken club ever again.

Broncos ARE a broken club. Why won't some people see that.

We have been broken since WB came back, the rot started way back then.

WB leaves each team he coaches worse off. Us, Souths, Newcastle & it takes the club years to recover. No idea has left the Phins, maybe not their long enough to cause damage.

Players in the end, didn't give a fig about playing for us. They showed no pride in the jersey etc.

Madge didn't do anything at the Tigers, you can't tell me he left that club in a better position than it were in when he took the job. This is alarming, Kev left the Broncos in a better position, unquestionably. This is something I am finding very hard to get out of my head. It's quite possible and highly probable that Maguire sat down after the Tigers job and told himself he's not walking into a broken club ever again.

I also think there's this huge misconception about Maguire probably based on his demeanour when he fronts up to media. He comes across as a hard nosed no nonsense kind of guy, if that were true people wouldn't want to play for him. You've got to be personable in at least some way to your playing group, you can't just be a dictator, which I don't believe he is. That's the way people think of him though. It's not accurate.
dont think he was afforded a decent cap position to do anything at the tigers either was really hamstrung by some shit contracts russell packer or josh reynolds comes to mind thanks ivan for loading up some duds before walking out on the club to greener pastures.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • mieko
  • Manofoneway
  • Broncosarethebest
  • bert_lifts
  • Turks85
  • Galah
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Waynesaurus
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Gaz
  • MaroubraBroncos
  • Fozz
  • upthebroncs
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.