NEWS Michael Maguire to coach Broncos

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
The NSWRL has agreed to release State of Origin coach Michael Maguire from the final year of his contract following a board meeting on Monday morning.

NSWRL directors held a meeting on Monday morning after the Origin-winning coach informed them of his intention to take the Brisbane Broncos job vacated by Kevin Walters.

The Broncos are close to announcing a multi-year deal with Maguire to take over from Walters, but have given the coach time to finalise his exit from the NSWRL, which is now preparing the release paperwork to formally signal the end of his brief but successful stint as Blues coach.

Maguire submitted a presentation to the NSWRL board on Friday but did not mention the Broncos job. He has since informed NSWRL bosses of his desire to relocate to Queensland and lead the Broncos revolution.

It should be one hell of a preseason for ages. Would we see a very fit 1-30 come R1, 2025?

Ball control,
Structures,
Know their roles &
“Play United as a team” must be paramount.

I’m calling it the Madge-ition era as he’ll need to work some magic to get some of our plodders up to speed.

Wonder who the first journo will be to use my pun?

It should be one hell of a preseason for ages. Would we see a very fit 1-30 come R1, 2025?

Ball control,
Structures,
Know their roles &
“Play United as a team” must be paramount.
That's if any of the players are still alive after they have gone through one of Madge's pre-seasons lol. They're not gonna know what's hit them. I can just see the look on Madge's face if Walsh turns up to the first pre-season training session with his nails painted pink. We'll surely hear the yelling in Redfern hah

Reposting from another thread.

Madge is a grub, so no, I don't want him anywhere near the Broncos. When he is desperate for the win .. is he going to coach and instruct our team to play like dirty scum dogs, and take out the opposition's best player .. like he did to Walshy?

Will Madge give a genuine apology to Walsh? I don't think he will .. too busy revelling in his victory. 😡

Madge is a dog.

I hope this works because if it doesn't then the club will take a long time to come back from this.

Days after sacking a club legend they've already got a replacement. The witch hunt theory makes a lot of sense now doesn't it.

Not my first, second, third or fourth preference as I've said BUT as mentioned above, kudos to DD in acting swiftly. This should have minimal disruptions to preseason. I expect to go pear shape but if he can somehow jag a premiership with us before it does, I will not be complaining one bit. If it does go pear shaped before winning a premiership, I won't be sitting here gloating, I'll just be sad we will have to blow it up and start again for the 4th time this decade.

Not my first, second, third or fourth preference as I've said BUT as mentioned above, kudos to DD in acting swiftly. This should have minimal disruptions to preseason. I expect to go pear shape but if he can somehow jag a premiership with us before it does, I will not be complaining one bit. If it does go pear shaped before winning a premiership, I won't be sitting here gloating, I'll just be sad we will have to blow it up and start again for the 4th time this decade.
Ultimately all that matters is winning a premiership. It doesn't matter if we blow it up 100 times. There's only been 3 different premiers since 2017. This whole oh no we'll need to rebuild - that's every club bar the 3 aforementioned for the better part of the last decade.

I hope this works because if it doesn't then the club will take a long time to come back from this.

Days after sacking a club legend they've already got a replacement. The witch hunt theory makes a lot of sense now doesn't it.
Well it is better that they had a plan with a definite replacement in mind rather than scrambling around like headless chooks trying to sign someone up randomly at the last minute. Some other clubs such as Parra and Souths could take note of how it should be done..

Probably the thing I hate the most about it.
Kev, and the fans, will get over it. Just like any other coach who has been sacked does. He is not unique. It is never going to be pretty however a sacking takes place. There is no ideal way for it to happen.

It all comes down to If he was good at his job, it wouldn't have happened. He needs to look in the mirror and ask himself what it is he could have done differently. May not have made a difference in the end, but the club couldn't have gone on much longer in the direction it was taking with Kev in charge. That is clear to an outsider.

Active Now

• Gaz
  • Tristan1990
  • broncoscope
  • davidp
  • bb_gun
  • pennywisealfie
  • TimWhatley
  • Astro
  • jarro65
  • Broncosgirl
  • Skathen
  • Big Del
  • Bucking Beads
  • NSW stables
  • Stix
  • bert_lifts
  • Bronx48
  • Culhwch
  • BRC088
  • Hoshsie
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.