Michael Morgan to miss a month

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Cowboys have confirmed Morgan has a tear in his PCL and he is expected to be sidelined for up to a month.

They say there is a small chance he could be back for Game 3. Even if he is, considering the series is not on the line, do we play him? Or do we bring in someone else? If so, who should it be?

It'll probably be DCE, but I'd like to see Granville.

Gotta be Granville with Milf & Hunt banned.

Cowboys have confirmed Morgan has a tear in his PCL and he is expected to be sidelined for up to a month.

They say there is a small chance he could be back for Game 3. Even if he is, considering the series is not on the line, do we play him? Or do we bring in someone else? If so, who should it be?
QLD could go for an all forward bench? Or.... God forbid.... DCE....

Well, it has to be a utility player, I can't remember the last time Queensland shied away from having a Berrigan, K. Hunt, Cronk, DCE, Morgan esque type. Even PJ Marsh was fairly versatile, I'm fairly sure he played that loose forward role they like.

I like Granville and he'd be the frontrunner but I wouldn't be overly surprised if Moses Mbye gets the nod. He's the closest player to Morgan, is fairly versatile and at 23 has plenty of football infront of him.

I wouldn't have a problem if they selected DCE.

DCE has always been good in that utility role. He is just brought on and given free roam instead of being responsible for guiding the team around the field. We'll still have Cronk and Thurston in the halves so I can't see DCE being a liability out there.

Last edited:
Well, it has to be a utility player, I can't remember the last time Queensland shied away from having a Berrigan, K. Hunt, Cronk, DCE, Morgan esque type. Even PJ Marsh was fairly versatile, I'm fairly sure he played that loose forward role they like.

I like Granville and he'd be the frontrunner but I wouldn't be overly surprised if Moses Mbye gets the nod. He's the closest player to Morgan, is fairly versatile and at 23 has plenty of football infront of him.

Mbye is a pretty good call, as long as it doesn't bump him up the pecking order for a regular halves spot, because he's waaaay off that.

I would select whoever they believe to be the front runner to be QLD hooker when Smith retires.

whether that is Macca or Friend or Granville

Whoever's been in that utility role has spent the majority of their time at lock or as a non-specific running forward. I don't think MBye is up for that. DCE has done it in the past, McCullough could do it in the middle. Hunt would be fine too. If Milford ever gets the role, they'll probably defend Cronk further inside and put Milford outside a centre.

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.