International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
776c27a8c38a3ca3bda9fb0a07d9a905

Wayne Bennett goes into bat for Anthony Milford, the million dollar mystery

August 04, 2018

Source: Courier Mail

Last edited by a moderator:
I think everyone knows by now that Milford isn't a quality halfback despite whatever slight improvement he's shown, and we would be better with a matching half there. It feels like there have been at least half a dozen articles about it this year.

Love to hear what Wayne will say when he is no longer responsible for massaging these delicate little flower’s egos... (cough - confidence - cough)...

I think everyone knows by now that Milford isn't a quality halfback despite whatever slight improvement he's shown, and we would be better with a matching half there. It feels like there have been at least half a dozen articles about it this year.
Probably would have been able to sign one if Milford took a contract based on his actual worth.

Probably would have been able to sign one if Milford took a contract based on his actual worth.

Was there one available? Or was Jack Bird's money put to good use?

Was there one available? Or was Jack Bird's money put to good use?

Blake Green was available iirc, even for a season or two, he would’ve been what we needed

Blake Green was available iirc, even for a season or two, he would’ve been what we needed

Would have been perfect. To compliment Milford - whether that meant Milford taking less...or the Broncos making some more sensible recruiting/retention choices is up for debate.

I actually think Milford has had a really good season. Yes he drops it more than he should but his kicking has come on in leaps and bounds. Before last week, he was starting to get some real play-making help from his number 7 and they were starting to look pretty good. Imagine what he could do with decent service from his number 9.

Milford's short/long kicking game have gone up leaps and bounds. He makes great defensive plays and can run. His passing game is below par, but he's ticking all the other boxes for mine.

Before the Bulldogs game we were talking about Milf and Niko being the inform halves over the past 5 rounds one loss and the knives come out. Bit hard to get up for a game when there is about 5000 people in the stands at the so called home of rugby league.

It’s a redundant tangent to mention that Langer, Lockyer, Tallis etc weren’t million dollar players and Milf was considering during their careers no one was a million dollar player.

That’s like saying DCE is on a million dollars, not Andrew Johns, not Cliffy Lyons, not Dally Messanger.

A really good 7 is worth more than a really good 6 for mine. Milford is slowly becoming really good at being an organising half, it might hurt his running game (but not really, he still threatens the line heaps) but it would be way better in the long run. It's relatively easy to find a running 6, very hard to find a talented game organising 7.

I daresay if Bird was fit and healty, he'd be our 6 right now with Niko being our bench hooker.

Active Now

• Redfern_1980
  • jarro65
  • Mr Fourex
  • kman
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • Professor47
  • Gaz
  • Locky24
  • Dash
  • BrissyFan97
  • Battler
  • heartly87
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Ondi
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.