More trouble for the Knights

Coxy said:
Who cares? The whole **** Hunter region should be swallowed by molten magma (no offence Ning).

And where would I go for a weekend away in wine country if that happened?

Meat77 said:
Coxy said:
Who cares? The whole **** Hunter region should be swallowed by molten magma (no offence Ning).

The local bottle shop.

There's bound to be a park near by & cheap accommodation.

I went Newcastle for a weekend once and it wasn't anything flash. Certainly nothing compared to Sydney... I'm surprised there are no drug busts for Sydney clubs...

I'm not talking about Newcastle - I wouldn't go there for a weekend either! I'm talking about Pokolbin and surrounds.

Anyway, back on topic...my father (a Dragons fan) used to work with Chris Houston's father years ago and loved him while he was at Saints - I must ring him to get his opinion now!

this was always on the cards considering he lived with Wicks.

Meat77 said:
Anyway, back on topic...my father (a Dragons fan) used to work with Chris Houston's father years ago and loved him while he was at Saints - I must ring him to get his opinion now!

Ask him, does he find it strange both players were former Dragons players. [icon_razz1

Meat77 said:
Coxy said:

Yeah, not ALL of the Hunter is bad!! [icon_razz1

This guy has heaps of talent. Another career probably wasted because of some really poor decisions, I feel sorry for the Knights regardless of the Joey-fiasco they don't deserve this neither do their fans.

The Gymp said:
This guy has heaps of talent. Another career probably wasted because of some really poor decisions, I feel sorry for the Knights regardless of the Joey-fiasco they don't deserve this neither do their fans.

Yeah you don't deserve this!

#1 Kemp fan said:
[quote="The Gymp":ct4rb2gq]This guy has heaps of talent. Another career probably wasted because of some really poor decisions, I feel sorry for the Knights regardless of the Joey-fiasco they don't deserve this neither do their fans.

Yeah you don't deserve this![/quote:ct4rb2gq]

[icon_lol1.

Gymp is right though, Newcastle is extremely passionate about rugby league and the Knights in particular. Probably some of the loyalest fans around and they shouldn't have to be dealing (no pun intended!) with crap like this.

Well, I would suggest that there are. The grapevine says there are six players whose names are constantly mentioned.
Surpriingly, Houston was seen as one of the good guys at the Knights by those in high ( no pun intended ) places.
If my sources are correct ( I did wear some flack over Peter Sharp going to the Roosters - it was pretty much done though to our sceptics and was only brought undone by a guy breaking contract ) there are some BIG names that may be revealed.
Whether the Knights and the game can afford to bust more is another matter.
Joey was able to miraculously escape for many years.
Will history repeat itself?

As long as you don't reveal or lean towadrs any of thoe names on this forum RBY then all is good.

And I think that any name that is revealed at this stage is big. Past problems at that club have tainted every player atm, guilty or not. Sad really.

In other Knights news:

AMBITIOUS Newcastle officials have made an inquiry about the possibility of luring Sonny Bill Williams back to the NRL.

In a bold move aimed at ensuring their season does not end in disaster following the departures of forwards Chris Houston and Danny Wicks after the pair were charged with drug trafficking, the Knights have contacted the NRL to ask whether they can sign Williams.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rugby-l ... -pluo.html

To sign Williams, the Knights were told the Bulldogs would have to relax a term in Willaims's contract termination deal, for which he paid the club $750,000. This prohibits him from playing for an NRL rival before 2013 - a condition Bulldogs officials insist they are not willing to waive.

NRL chief executive David Gallop told Newcastle officials of the issue and said the NRL would support every effort to enforce the term.

Seriously I hope the Dogs stick to their guns and don't give permission for him to come back - I hope he never comes back to our game.

Hopefully the quality players in key positions can survive the season.
If the club is further destroyed by off season incidents and if the sponsors are given more encouragement to pull the pin, the reality is the future of the Knights is at risk.

I have to say that if the rumours are right, the Knights are in deep faecal matter.
There are some big names being mentioned in despatches.

There are some huge questions being asked at the moment.
Only time and carpet sweeping will tell.

Aeetee said:
Kickem out and bring back the Bears.

I assume this was said in jest. [icon_wink

If the NRL kicked out the Knights, well it would be a massive fail.

Active Now

• Strop
  • Fozz
  • Porthoz
  • Foordy
  • TimWhatley
  • FACTHUNT
  • john1420
  • Jedhead
  • Xzei
  • Mister Wright
  • RolledOates
  • Santa
  • Tmac
  • ell.d33
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Midean
  • theshed
  • Hurrijo
  • broncsgoat
  • Bish
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.