Most overrated/over achieved footballers on the planet

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
I nominate Dida. Everytime I see Milan concede he is usually at least partially to blame, he is also guilty of the worst dive in history.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZviLX37sMY

How this horribly inconsistent keeper has had 91 caps for Brazil and been at such a big club for so long makes no sense, when you see in Serie A; Buffon, Frey and Cesar all performing so highly week after week it boggles the mind that AC Milan have never upgraded for a better model.

On his day, his shot stopping can win you games, but like you said, he's too inconsistent to be considered as a top keeper.

I don't think Dida's first choice at Milan, Abbiati's only just come back from injury so Dida might still be starting, but Abbiati's definitely first choice.

Thierry Henry
Rafael Van Der Vaart
Wesley Sneijder
Arjen Robben

You really think Henry is overrated?

I reckon he is a brilliant footballer, shame about the whole handball incident though.

I think Brett Holman is overrated by anyone who has anything to do with selecting the Australian squad.

I don't like Henry, but he is an excellent footballer. Michael Carrick is overrated IMO. Once upon a time he seemed to be much better but now I just find him ordinary.

ningnangnong said:
You really think Henry is overrated?

I reckon he is a brilliant footballer, shame about the whole handball incident though.

I think he's overrated. You can be very good and still be overrated. He's done nothing for the national team and goes missing in big games. EPL fans used to think he was the best striker in the world.

That can be said about Ronaldo (the Portugese twat), he has a big habit of being quiet during important games. But I'm not sure it can be applied to Henry as well, he has done very well in big games in the past, particularly during his time at Arsenal. Eg: THAT goal vs Man U.

Scotty said:
That can be said about Ronaldo (the Portugese twat), he has a big habit of being quiet during important games. But I'm not sure it can be applied to Henry as well, he has done very well in big games in the past, particularly during his time at Arsenal. Eg: THAT goal vs Man U.

Henry has done well for Arsenal, in the EPL though, i was more referring to the international stage and Champions League big games. I also hated his attitude ever since the Champions League final they lost to Barcelona, he showed no class during the post match interview, it was funny to see him and Pires **** up this penalty. It was Henry's idea as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spuvWxln ... re=related

The same can definitely can be said about Cronaldo. Its one area of the game i hope he improves on. Other than that, physically, he's as strong as a bull, finishes the ball better than a lot of strikers, heads the ball as well as anyone. Doesn't really have any other weaknesses. Maybe some people do think he's overrated.

In any case, Lionel Messi is definitely the best player in the world, while Cronaldo finishes a close second.

David Beckham, Peter Crouch, Sergio Ramos, Roberto Carlos, Gabriel Heinze

Not sure how Crouch is overrated?

pennywisealfie said:
David Beckham, Peter Crouch, Sergio Ramos, Roberto Carlos, Gabriel Heinze

Roberto Carlos? You serious?

Carlos, I would have both loved and hated if he played for my team. Sure he would score and set up some tremendous goals however, he got caught out more than the vast majority of fullbacks. I think Dani Alves and Maicon both play the defensive role far better than he did without being much less effective going forward.

The Gymp said:
Carlos, I would have both loved and hated if he played for my team. Sure he would score and set up some tremendous goals however, he got caught out more than the vast majority of fullbacks. I think Dani Alves and Maicon both play the defensive role far better than he did without being much less effective going forward.

Roberto Carlos towards the end of his career did get caught out and cost his team a few times, but in his prime, he had the pace to get back even when he did get caught out, he would get back and make superb sliding tackles to stop the attacks from his side. Greatest left wing back of all time.

Crouch is just a goof, he has no ball control, hes useless.

I mean Carlos towards the end of his career. around the turn of the century, RC was the bomb.

Id like to add Eidur Gudjohnsen to this list as well.

pennywisealfie said:
Crouch is just a goof, he has no ball control, hes useless.

You mustn't watch him very much then, control is one of his best attributes. He's anything but a 'goof' as well.

Wait for the bell hey boys.

Let's gettt readdyyy to rumblleeeeeee.

Unread

Active Now

• Battler
  • Brocko
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.