Most overrated/over achieved footballers on the planet

ningnangnong said:
pennywisealfie said:
Crouch is just a goof, he has no ball control, hes useless.

You mustn't watch him very much then, control is one of his best attributes. He's anything but a 'goof' as well.

I wouldn't say he is a goof but I think he is certainly only an average footballer. I'm not sure who actually rates him that highly anyway lol. He does his job well though so he can be useful with occasional moments of brilliance.

Scotty said:
ningnangnong said:
pennywisealfie said:
Crouch is just a goof, he has no ball control, hes useless.

You mustn't watch him very much then, control is one of his best attributes. He's anything but a 'goof' as well.

I wouldn't say he is a goof but I think he is certainly only an average footballer. I'm not sure who actually rates him that highly anyway lol. He does his job well though so he can be useful with occasional moments of brilliance.

Yeah, well that's why i had so much trouble understanding why he's overrated. It's not as if the press gives him plaudits all the time.

He's basically just your run of the mill striker who is extremely tall!

fair enough. admittedly, ive only ever seen him play for England where hes usually been total rubbish, especially at the world cup. As well as a handful of Euro games.

Capello seems to agree with you lol

Although I think he could probably have a decent run of form if he was played more often this season. Moving to Man U was probably not the smartest way Owen could have gone about reviving his career. And it's no wonder he did so shit at Newcastle, a shambles club with ordinary players and donkeys for managers. Owen got no service and therefore rarely scored without it being from a penalty.

Can we get reasons? Theo Walcott I can't see how he's overrated. Pundits have big expectations of him but currently he has had a bad run with injuries. When in form he's super quick, is a fluid passer and knows how to find the goal. Giggs, well I think you're referring to how he is currently with that "present" comment mal lol, and I'd have to agree. While still a very capable player, he's nowhere near what he once was, but you wouldn't think it the way some people go on about him.

Giggs is one of the greatest wingers of all time though, i doubt anyone really overrates him at this stage of his career.

Theo was supposted be the next greatest thing in football. So special..

but, he sits on the bench.. Overrated.

Bannermania said:
Theo was supposted be the next greatest thing in football. So special..

but, he sits on the bench.. Overrated.

There is a next best thing every week in football dude. The fuss about Walcott largely died down after the 06 world cup. Also bare in mind he is still young so Wenger has been blooding him slowly, added to that he is playing for a big 4 club which makes it all the more harder to get regular starts when you're only an up and comer.

He's only really had limited chances to fully prove himself, but he's still come out with some brilliant performances so far in his short career.

fenomeno said:
Giggs is one of the greatest wingers of all time though, i doubt anyone really overrates him at this stage of his career.

He got the PFA player of the year award last year which I still cannot fathom.

I think Rooney is overrated, he is very good, but way to inconsistent and the way english press go on about him is ridiculious.

But with a price tag of 22 million pounds, Lescott has to be the most overrated player in the prem [icon_lol1.

Yeah Lescott is not worth remotely close to that. I agree the Giggs PFA was an abomination.

Unread

Active Now

• Brocko
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.