Most Prized Broncos Possession

It's not signed but I've got a 2015 heritage jersey I'll never part with. Would've killed to get it signed by Hodgo.

What a wonderful idea for a thread Wolfie, well done fella, and interesting to see what treasured possessions other fans hold dear.

For me, a 1993 jersey signed by WB and every player of the winning team. Might be worth a few bucks to collectors, but would never part with it!

It's not signed but I've got a 2015 heritage jersey I'll never part with. Would've killed to get it signed by Hodgo.

Unless Darcy’s hook was Avengers style powerful, fairly confident Hodgo is still with us!

Unless Darcy’s hook was Avengers style powerful, fairly confident Hodgo is still with us!
That's a fair point actually. Wonder if I can hit him up after training one day.

I was at the Broncos leagues club during the 1998-99 off-season, just after we had won the premiership, I was 7 years old, just there with family for lunch. For whatever reason I was waiting just outside the front doors of the club after lunch while my Mum was discussing something at the front desk, when a strange tall man approached me carrying a box..

It was in fact Wayne Bennett. For whatever reason he was carrying a box of premiership merch to wherever he was going, he said g'day, took a small Broncos 98' premiership t-shirt out of the box and handed it to me, and just like that, he was gone.

To this day I'm still uncertain if that actually happened or not, my Mum never saw him to confirm it was him, my 7 year old imagination was wild, it may have just been a lanky Broncos worker, to this day I don't know if it was actually Bennett, but you can be damn sure I've still got that shirt in storage somewhere.

That's a fair point actually. Wonder if I can hit him up after training one day.
Dangerous grounds. When I was a kid Paul Reiffel was a hero of mine and he snubbed me for an autograph. Still haven't forgiven him.

I only have one framed jersey...of all people and all years it’s Anthony Mundine’s super league jersey from the 97 final. I’ve had it since 98 and it hangs proudly in my rumpus room where I watch away games. Even though I’ve always considered Mundine well up there in terms of flogs, I can’t part with it given the time I’ve had it.

2019 football signed by the whole team thanks to Owen.

A signed framed photo of the whole team on the Dias holding the 2020 premiership cup.
Got it out of a time machine!

Got a few: in no particular order:
- mini ball from the 1988 Ekka signed by the King, Geno, GD and others
- the programme from the opening of ANZ stadium in 1993
- two match jerseys belonging to Ben Walker
- my autograph book - which Wendell took on an away to Canberra in about 1996 and had the whole Brisbane team and Canberra team sign
- the programme and my tickets from 1997 Super League GF
- 2009 framed jersey signed by the whole squad

I got lucky when I was younger. Mum worked at ANZ Ashgrove and the players came in all the time

I might still have this cassette somewhere maybe in a box up in the roof. It's excruciating.

Hey hey

Last edited:
I was at the Broncos leagues club during the 1998-99 off-season, just after we had won the premiership, I was 7 years old, just there with family for lunch. For whatever reason I was waiting just outside the front doors of the club after lunch while my Mum was discussing something at the front desk, when a strange tall man approached me carrying a box..

It was in fact Wayne Bennett. For whatever reason he was carrying a box of premiership merch to wherever he was going, he said g'day, took a small Broncos 98' premiership t-shirt out of the box and handed it to me, and just like that, he was gone.

To this day I'm still uncertain if that actually happened or not, my Mum never saw him to confirm it was him, my 7 year old imagination was wild, it may have just been a lanky Broncos worker, to this day I don't know if it was actually Bennett, but you can be damn sure I've still got that shirt in storage somewhere.

Wonderful memories Unbreakable! The legend and mystery of WB continues eh 🙂 Hopefully sustained success for us is just around the corner and we too can share in the glory with our youngsters to build even more memories.
[automerge]1576049275[/automerge]
Who the hell drew those caricatures? They literally look nothing like that.

Kerrod is not toooo bad Tom I didn't think. Alfie and Kev? You are right. Maybe Stevie Wonder was the artiste 🤣

Last edited:
Never made it all the way through the flip side:

Active Now

• Brocko
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Tmac
  • Robboi_321
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Bish
  • Harry Sack
  • Fatboy
  • Foordy
  • Mister Wright
  • Broncosgirl
  • broncos4life
  • jd87
  • Jedhead
  • Gaz
  • GCBRONCO
  • Jazza
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.