NBL

Bogut is a sure thing for the Kings, if they can find an insurance company that will cover him. That's the real sticking point here.

I was reading an article with the numbers players are asking, Kobe was asking 1mil every 3months. Alot of money no doubt, but if you advertised Kobe Bryant playing for say The Kings. It would be a sell out every game and at least half of those new fans to the NBL would stay. Companies would be happy to sponsor a star player and even then some of those Sponsors who might have never looked at the NBL would stay on. Short term loss long term gain. NBL either takes a risk or it never gains any ground in Australia.

I don't this country has the money for it. Also would need to move the games to bigger stadiums. I think the NBL needs to get the American Dream team vs the Boomers down under. That would spark some interest.

Bogut is a sure thing for the Kings, if they can find an insurance company that will cover him. That's the real sticking point here.

not so sure, article I just read has the Blaze as favourites but I think it is between the Blaze and the Kings. Will be great for the game regardless.

Blaze have made a late play for him, but he originally was only going to speak to GC and Adelaide over the phone, while meeting with the Kings in person. But, again, it comes down to the insurance issue.

It is actually quite cheap to see an NBL game.. $10 for General admission ticket. Not bad.

If only there was a decent team in the comp... From say Brisbane.. I'd be there like a bullet.

True if a Bullets team was in I'd be all over them but they are not so the Blaze it is. Never really followed the Bullets but I would have if they were in the comp now.

Yep. I went to a Hawks game earlier in the year. The basketball itself is showy and exciting, the tickets are cheap as anything, and the atmosphere is great. Lots of fun quarter-time and half-time shows too. Also, popcorn vendors. Mmm.
I bought a Kings membership, so I have to make two trips to Sydney over summer to cash in my tickets.

A full membership for the Blaze is hell expensive though IMO. I suppose you get awesome seats and all but $780 for a sport that is along way off being a major one in this country is a bit steep. Obviously that is the most expensive Membership but still.

I wanna get tickets for the Blaze... but cheering a goldy team. I loved my Bullets and attended a #### load of their games so cheering anyone else would feel wrong... Is it bad that i feel like a Rabbitohs fan must have?

Just do it. The bigger the crowds at Blaze games, the better a revived Bullets franchise looks.

Actually a good day out, go to beach then head to the game. I'll be hitting games up for sure.

Yep. I went to a Hawks game earlier in the year. The basketball itself is showy and exciting, the tickets are cheap as anything, and the atmosphere is great. Lots of fun quarter-time and half-time shows too. Also, popcorn vendors. Mmm.
I bought a Kings membership, so I have to make two trips to Sydney over summer to cash in my tickets.

I'm surprised the mighty Hawks let a Kings fan in...

I had a cunning disguise. All my teeth had fallen out and I cultivated an enormous beer gut just for the occasion. I blended right in.

I had a cunning disguise. All my teeth had fallen out and I cultivated an enormous beer gut just for the occasion. I blended right in.

You could've then made your way to Campbelltown for a Tigers game.

No, that would've given the game away. I drive a late-model, clean car, not a Kingswood wagon covered in novelty bumper stickers and made from rust.

You could've then made your way to Campbelltown for a Tigers game.

Please don't insult those of us who follow the Wollongong Hawks by comparing us to the folks from Campbelltown (and surrounds...yes Shaun I"m talking about you :-P)

Please don't insult those of us who follow the Wollongong Hawks by comparing us to the folks from Campbelltown (and surrounds...yes Shaun I"m talking about you :-P)

Be thankful. I was going to say Parramatta...

Active Now

• azza.79
  • Tmac
  • broncsgoat
  • Rambstien
  • leish107
  • Battler
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • Foordy
  • MrMoore
  • Allo
  • Justwin
  • Galah
  • rj9
  • Old Mate
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.