Newcastle and Warriors in big-money bidding war for Brisbane forward Adam Blair

I hate when Wayne talks about money not being the be all and end all - especially to young players who most likely wont earn this sort of money again in their lifetime. He earns a lot of money coaching the Broncos and has for a very long time. He is a very rich man. It's easy for him to say that money is not the be all and end all when he is getting paid a mint and doesn't put his body on the line every week.

I hate when Wayne talks about money not being the be all and end all - especially to young players who most likely wont earn this sort of money again in their lifetime. He earns a lot of money coaching the Broncos and has for a very long time. He is a very rich man. It's easy for him to say that money is not the be all and end all when he is getting paid a mint and doesn't put his body on the line every week.

Maybe he means that yes you can go earn a good pay cheque but does that pay cheque come with that environment the broncos provide? Sometimes people want the good company and atmosphere around them rather than just the dollars.

Isaac Luke was exactly what they needed. RTS was exactly what they needed. Kieran Foran was exactly what they needed.

Their problem is that they value raw talent and not effort. I stand by what I hypothesised in previous Warriors conversations, the best talent with the best work ethic gets selected by the All Blacks. The best talent but without the work ethic ends up in the lower grades or in League. That goes for club & coaching staff as well as players.

They can't just throw good players or a disciplinarian coach in there without first gutting the joint and rewriting the culture.
You quoted stix but he wasn't talking about the Warriors....you really should read more carefully and own up to mistakes when you make them as others do including myself.

Would your attitude change if you learned he has given away a huge sum to organisations for children and adults with disabilities? That he uses his profile as well to help others but doesn't seek thankyou's or media attention preferring to work behind the scenes ?

I'll just let this repeat then...

giphy.gif

Gordie? Is that you?

Isaac Luke was exactly what they needed. RTS was exactly what they needed. Kieran Foran was exactly what they needed.

Their problem is that they value raw talent and not effort. I stand by what I hypothesised in previous Warriors conversations, the best talent with the best work ethic gets selected by the All Blacks. The best talent but without the work ethic ends up in the lower grades or in League. That goes for club & coaching staff as well as players.

They can't just throw good players or a disciplinarian coach in there without first gutting the joint and rewriting the culture.
100%, and the word culture is exactly the issue at the Warriors. As has been mentioned before the club needs to be stripped back to bones and re built.

Gordie? Is that you?

Lol. Right. Wayne is a great coach - his record speaks for itself - but I don't like it when he tries to influence players to take less to stay by saying things in the press. Blair sounds like he'll get a shedload more cash elsewhere and he should take it.

Lol. Right. Wayne is a great coach - his record speaks for itself - but I don't like it when he tries to influence players to take less to stay by saying things in the press. Blair sounds like he'll get a shedload more cash elsewhere and he should take it.

why wouldn't he try and convince his players to stay for less... if he has to spend more for individual players then that limits the quality of the team he would have ...

why wouldn't he try and convince his players to stay for less... if he has to spend more for individual players then that limits the quality of the team he would have ...
Yeah, I have no problem with it

I am sick of these salary cap cheats just signing anyone.

How many players have the fucking Knights signed lately? I don't care if they are last, all this spending like as if they have no cap.

We better have some good signings coming.

Have you lot seen the Knights squad? They had plenty of room in their cap even before they started losing players.

Before the season even started they lost Sims, Uate & Mullen. Since then they've lost Gagai, Kostjasyn, Randell, Paea & Mataora freeing them up to bring in the likes of Ponga, Moga, Ese Ese, Kenny-Dowall, Guerra etc. It doesn't surprise me that they still have room to sign more players and they would be stupid not to.

Unread

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Dash
  • Jedhead
  • Lurker
  • Pablo
  • Culhwch
  • Gaz
  • Browny
  • Harry Sack
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • sooticus
  • Manofoneway
  • TimWhatley
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Dreaglor
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.