• Kotoni Staggs

• Jake Turpin

• Patrick Carrigan

• Payne Haas

• Adam Reynolds

• Billy Walters

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
I didn’t vote because I don’t care tbh but there could be all sorts of reasons. He has already been in the team for years and knows all the boys for one. Reynolds hasn’t.

IMO, while he has promise as a future long term captain of the club. we need to remember he is only 21 and at this stage of his career, he should be focusing on his own game more than the rest of the team.

he should probably be a clean skin off the field for a year or 2 first as well

Haas shouldn't be our captain any time soon. He just spent the off season suspended for threatening a female police officer. The fact that he's even in conversations about it is ridiculous.

Haas shouldn't even be in the conversation, nowhere near ready to be captain. Put him in the leadership group sure but that's it. Reynolds will be the captain and you'd be stupid not to give it to him. Capewell or Carrigan as VC if you need to name one.

Leadership group is: Reynolds (c), Capewell, Haas, Carrigan, Gamble and Riki.

13. Tyson Gamble (c)
7. Adam Reynolds (vc)
6. Albert Kelly

Gamble's passion for the jersey at the moment is unrivalled. The added responsibility should also curb his aggression. Or ARey at (c) and him at (vc), and at lock for mine like a ball playing Yeoh/Graham type up the middle.

Edit: please remove blow-in Billy, and add Gamble to the list.

It will be Reynolds obviously, no need to vote about it

Pretty sure it would've been part of the sales pitch too

Turpin throws his beanie in the ring:

“It would be a massive honour. The captaincy is something I liked doing throughout this year. Even when I had to step up in the role, I was filling the role for ‘Lexi,' but I definitely like being a leader in this team. It is a long way down the track. If anything happens, I would be honoured.”

“I have a lot to work on with my game. I just feel I’m not at my best at the moment and if I can get back to my best footy, it will help this club a lot and that’s what I want to do next year. There’s some skills with the ball and some attacking things I need to really work on. I am always working on my kicking game, but there’s some attacking things I need to work on and I have some people to help me with that.”

“Alex has been such a good player on the field and a great leader off the field,” he said.
“It’s definitely his week and we want to send him off as a winner.”

McHunt

“It would be a massive honour. The captaincy is something I liked doing throughout this year. Even when I had to step up in the role, I was filling the role for ‘Lexi,' but I definitely like being a leader in this team. It is a long way down the track. If anything happens, I would be honoured.”

“I have a lot to work on with my game. I just feel I’m not at my best at the moment and if I can get back to my best footy, it will help this club a lot and that’s what I want to do next year. There’s some skills with the ball and some attacking things I need to really work on. I am always working on my kicking game, but there’s some attacking things I need to work on and I have some people to help me with that.”

“Alex has been such a good player on the field and a great leader off the field,” he said.

McHunt

Read: If I'm captain, I'm guaranteed to start and I'd love that.

McHunt
I wouldn't go with Turpin but Atleast he knows he has to work on his attacking game and Kev has possibly said something to him and got people in to work with him which is a good sign

Haas shouldn't even be in the conversation, nowhere near ready to be captain. Put him in the leadership group sure but that's it. Reynolds will be the captain and you'd be stupid not to give it to him. Capewell or Carrigan as VC if you need to name one.

Leadership group is: Reynolds (c), Capewell, Haas, Carrigan, Gamble and Riki.
Isn't Turpin VC though, surely he would be in the leadership group as well?

I think it's important that each member of the leadership group brings something different to the table.

Reynolds (c) - wealth of experience, professionalism, game management
Capewell - Been through adversity outside of football, experience, playing in a top four team for the last few years
Carrigan - Young forward leader, hard working with a good sensible head on his shoulders to lead the young guys.
Gamble - Pure Hodges-esque mongrel and passion.
Haas - No nonsense, hard worker who leads by actions not words.

I feel like there needs to be an outside back in the leadership group as well, but there's nobody.

I think it's important that each member of the leadership group brings something different to the table.

Reynolds (c) - wealth of experience, professionalism, game management
Capewell - Been through adversity outside of football, experience, playing in a top four team for the last few years
Carrigan - Young forward leader, hard working with a good sensible head on his shoulders to lead the young guys.
Gamble - Pure Hodges-esque mongrel and passion.
Haas - No nonsense, hard worker who leads by actions not words.

I feel like there needs to be an outside back in the leadership group as well, but there's nobody.

Cobbo might get there but yes, clearly not yet.

Isn't Turpin VC though, surely he would be in the leadership group as well?

Yes I think he is but next year I wouldn't think so with Reynolds in and Carrigan back on board.

No way Turps is captain. He prob wants to be cause he thinks he wont get dropped if he is. Deadset no attack (but that one linebreak) and looks gased after 30minutes. After that he never does a run. Surprised he is still there. Much pretty Levi. More zip, just needs to run straight and engage the markers before passing

I voted for Reynolds. Not only is he easily the most obvious choice,but aside from Haas, he's also the only other name on that list that's basically guaranteed to make the team every single week for the next three years.

I think Haas needs no more pressure than he already has carrying our 17 most weeks. Happy for him to work on his leadership capabilities and be at the front of the line when Reynolds hangs up the boots.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Lurker
  • Broncorob
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.