NFL team made up of athletes from other sports

dukey

dukey

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2008
As the title suggests.
Pick a player for each position in your team, who is not from the NFL.
And before penny comes in here being a smart arse and giving a team of college and CFL players, I mean pick players from other sports that you think would do well in each respective position.
Maybe not even 'do well', so to speak, but who would be the best choice. Rugby/League/Soccer/AFL etc. Playing currently.

I'm giving mine a bit of thought. O-line is proving to be difficult to pick.

Luke Covell would be my punter.

Folau would be a slot reciever.

LOL

LOL, singling me out :P

this thread is Al Davis dream. Focusing on individual talent rather than football ability.

QB-TE: Sprinters
OT-OL: a whole bunch of Sumo Wrestlers and the big show from pro wrestling
DT-DB: Sprinters (Preferably Felons)

MLB players:

Roger Clemens - Starting QB. Gun arm.. on target.

Jacoby Ellsbury - WR/KR - lead the MLB with Stolen Bases this season. friggin quick.

pennywisealfie said:
LOL, singling me out :P

this thread is Al Davis dream. Focusing on individual talent rather than football ability.

QB-TE: Sprinters
OT-OL: a whole bunch of Sumo Wrestlers and the big show from pro wrestling
DT-DB: Sprinters (Preferably Felons)

So many LOLZ, so few lines.

Greg Inglis - WR

I have no doubt in my mind he could become an NFL player. Once he learnt playbooks etc, his natural talent would get him the rest of the way, even though it would be a massive transition.

LB - LeBron James. The guy is massive, freakishly athletic. I don't think he could be stopped.

Jaryd Hayne - RB, I think his strength, speed and elusiveness would make him awesome as a running back. WOuld probably need to put on a bit but certainly has the talent and natural attributes to do it.

Agree about Hayne. Probably wouldn't need to put on a few pounds. If Ray Rice and Justin Fargas can be NFL running backs - Hayne could shit it in.

Shaq would make a good strong safety.

shaq would be way too slow, surely

Yeah, probably.

Still, he wouldn't be too bad in zone. He'd hit hard and he probably wouldn't need the speed of a free safety. There have been plenty of slow safeties do well. Adam Archuleta, Rodney Harrison etc.

The Gymp said:
Jaryd Hayne - RB, I think his strength, speed and elusiveness would make him awesome as a running back. WOuld probably need to put on a bit but certainly has the talent and natural attributes to do it.

He would be a gun, but I doubt he'd need to put on weight he is already 100+kgs, 220-230lbs which is pretty standard for a RB.

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.