RUMOUR Nikorima's Secret Option

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
NIKORIMA SECRET OPTION
It turns out Jarryd Hayne isn’t the only player who has a May 31 option.

Market Watch
can reveal Kodi Nikorima is secretly off-contract.

While Brisbane announced last year that the 23-year-old had re-signed on a two-year-deal, the second season was actually an option in his favour.

While the contract says the Kiwi international has until midnight to take up the extra year, the Broncos are happy to extend the deadline with the club in fact, working towards a contract extension.

The club is in talks with the utility to re-sign for another two seasons which will see him stay at Red Hill until at least the end of 2019.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...g/news-story/26a1856f1259a6471ecf6061357133d8

I'd be keen to keep Nikorima on. He's bit of a square peg in a round hole, but his willingness to back himself, speed off the mark and ability to draw in the defence can certainly be worked on while the likes of Gerome Burns, Corey Paix, Tannah Boyd & Harry Fitzhugh develop.

The keeness to keep him on may point to him becoming our resident half back. There doesn't appear to be many other places where he'd be useful.

I'd happily give him a shot at the full time halfback spot after the promise he showed this year. A few more games at half and a whole preseason of training for the position, and I think he ans Milf could make a very dynamic little halves combination. Especially if they have Roberts and Bird as their outside men. The team would be a nightmare to defend with so many unpredictable X factors.

Yes, they would both need to improve their kicking, but I get a real Walters/Langer feel with him and Milf. Not skillset wise but they just suit each other.

I'd happily give him a shot at the full time halfback spot after the promise he showed this year. A few more games at half and a whole preseason of training for the position, and I think he ans Milf could make a very dynamic little halves domination. Especially if they have Roberts and Bird as their outside men. The team would be a nightmare to defend with so many unpredictable X factors.

Yes, they would both need to improve their kicking, but I get a real Walters/Langer with him and Milf. Not skillset wise but they just suit each other.

I agree with everything you said (as I find myself often doing with your posts) and also just get the feeling they like working together, they actually enjoy being in the same side.

The thing I really like about Kodi is calm he seems when the pressure is on.

I'm happy to give another 2 year contract to Nikorima, especially given there are no halves on the market that are a major improvement on Niko.

by the end of next season we will know whether he is a long term half option or if we need to go to the market.

I agree with everything you said (as I find myself often doing with your posts) and also just get the feeling they like working together, they actually enjoy being in the same side.

The thing I really like about Kodi is calm he seems when the pressure is on.

Yeah, he never looks too upset about anything. Just focused.

I agree with everyone else saying keep him around.

Yep he`s got some improvement in him yet .
He started the season late after shoulder troubles .Would have been interesting if he was fit in the preseason . Could he have nudged Hunt out ?

He has earned first shot at the 7. There's no question about it. He has worked very hard to improve his game, arguably harder than Hunt did at his age coming off the bench as well. He is already overshadowing his brother clearly. Let that be a lesson to you Jayden: That's what happens when you ditch the Broncos development systems in favor of the chicken chokers who don't give a toss about you

I was cynical of his suitability in the halves next to Milf but he's given it a fair shake, albeit against less than stellar competition.

Reality is that there are few options out there on the market and he's done well in stating his case. Give him a shot in 2018.

I'm a Hunt fan but I have to admit our attack seemed to improve (opposition?) when Kodi was there. Things just seemed smoother and he is a back up merchant as well.
I'd be disappointed if he left for sure.

Best case scenario is Hunt delivering with Kodi relegated to ISC in Hunts position. A solid hit-out of 80 minutes a game and with the instruction to own the team and become the man.

It's on Hunt now to perform. Otherwise Kodi should get his spot.

Please don't hold him back as a bench hooker.

If Niko had a 1+1 deal, doesn’t that mean he can refuse the second year around about now?

It's fair to say Kodi has comfortably underwhelmed this year. He got gift wrapped an opportunity to own a starting spot and if anything, he's gone backwards. And to top it off, Hunt goes to the Dragons and turns them into premiership favorites.

Swell.....

Active Now

• lynx000
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Xzei
  • Broncosarethebest
  • marw
  • RolledOates
  • Browny
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.