Nines / Trial Games

99% of that irrelevant and you still haven't addressed any of the NRLW issues I raised.

What special buying treatment do the Dragons receive that no other club does?

So if the Broncos buy two or three cheap players that are on development deals or minium salary in their 30 and win the competition you would be ok with someone saying the Broncos bought a premiership because of those small deals?

Of course your salary impacts. Even if Ethan Bullemor plays and kills it this year scoring the winning Grand Final try it would be ludicrous for someone to say Broncos bought the premiership with him- why? Because he's on bugger all.
They didn't buy 2 or 3 players! They bought 12 or 13!!! 6 from one team alone! Including the dally m medal winner! What issues did you raise? Haha you simply jibbered on about how the girls aren't well paid, every one knows that. So what? If the local under 6s team buys 13 or 14 players from other teams from the same competition with free canteen vouchers that will still be buying the competition. Answer this. Did dragons pay those players more money? Yes. Did they buy them from other teams in the same competition? Yes. Did they buy more than 10 players? Yes.... Wtf are you not getting. I don't care what they get paid haha, they still bought players from other teams, a lot of them. What are you not getting? Is that not true? I can send you the list again if you want?

Ch7 had some Capras highlights tonight and Boyd had a little run down the edge and put a grubber in almost setting up a try. I was kinda surprised that it was actually Boyd tbh.

It's nice he played well, but I would be more interested in who defended well and who didn't? Whether either of the halves could fill in for a game or two? and whether there are any dark horse candidates or potential bolters for a spot further down the track?

It's nice he played well, but I would be more interested in who defended well and who didn't? Whether either of the halves could fill in for a game or two? and whether there are any dark horse candidates or potential bolters for a spot further down the track?
Especially TPJ in defence because that’s clearly the area he was there to work on.

They didn't buy 2 or 3 players! They bought 12 or 13!!! 6 from one team alone! Including the dally m medal winner! What issues did you raise? Haha you simply jibbered on about how the girls aren't well paid, every one knows that. So what? If the local under 6s team buys 13 or 14 players from other teams from the same competition with free canteen vouchers that will still be buying the competition. Answer this. Did dragons pay those players more money? Yes. Did they buy them from other teams in the same competition? Yes. Did they buy more than 10 players? Yes.... Wtf are you not getting. I don't care what they get paid haha, they still bought players from other teams, a lot of them. What are you not getting? Is that not true? I can send you the list again if you want?
None of that matters but if you are from Ipswich and play for the Broncos then you have been poached because you should have waited for Ipswich to be admitted to the NRL. That’s the logic we have been hearing for years.

None of that matters but if you are from Ipswich and play for the Broncos then you have been poached because you should have waited for Ipswich to be admitted to the NRL. That’s the logic we have been hearing for years.

That's not the logic at all, the logic is don't complain about poaching when every team is doing it and you bought the Australian half from her club for a month yet ignore that and think you developed her. While ranting about other clubs not developing their own players.

NRLW is like IPL they borrow players for a month, someone else has done all the work. To talk about poaching and development is just ridiculous. No NRLW team is in a position to do development.

I've articulated it now so many times I don't know how else to do it- it's a competition wide problem. Only 41 girls kept with the same team. 38 players didn't get a second gig in 2019.

The Broncos retained the most players out of the four teams with 12. The average was 10.

I've discussed the issue and how hopefully it improves with improved pathways being actioned but at the moment the pool is so small that clubs have no choice. If you have a solution for improving the pool of 90 girls to more you should get down to the NRLW and implement it.

But just singling out the Dragons isn't accurate or helpful.

You have articulated your point of view, correct. Well done. Again, their pay is irrelevant. I asked you multiple questions which highlight this and you avoided every single one of them. I even went to the trouble of giving you the answers as I knew you would not answer them, just as you avoided the questions in the previous statement.
BTW, the broncos did retain the most players - despite 6 going to one other club. Do you know which club that was? They also brought new players into the game or from the state league, that is also correct, well done. Are you trying to prove my point or are you against it?

You have articulated your point of view, correct. Well done. Again, their pay is irrelevant. I asked you multiple questions which highlight this and you avoided every single one of them. I even went to the trouble of giving you the answers as I knew you would not answer them, just as you avoided the questions in the previous statement.
BTW, the broncos did retain the most players - despite 6 going to one other club. Do you know which club that was? They also brought new players into the game or from the state league, that is also correct, well done. Are you trying to prove my point or are you against it?

why do you care so much that the Dragons bought a GF thrashing in the NRLW in 2019 ... who bloody cares

why do you care so much that the Dragons bought a GF thrashing in the NRLW in 2019 ... who bloody cares
I don't care that much. Responding to someone on this forum is over caring is it? You better not respond to this message then. Nice chat

Broncos' team to play Wynnum Seagulls - Friday February 21 at 7pm (Kitchener Park):

1 Guy Hamilton
2 Ilikena Vudogo
3 Vaea Vaea
4 Bessie Aufaga-To'omaga
5 Jon Reuben
6 Darren Nicholls
7 Tyson Gamble
8 Pride Petterson-Robati
9 Kobe Hetherington
10 Jack Martin
11 Teui Robati
12 Brendan Piakura
13 Brandon Lee
Interchange

14 Cole Waaka
15 Damon Sommerville
16 Josh James
17 Myphala Ah Chong
18 Danny Heenan
19 Darcy Maroske

Coach: Corey Parker

There's a good chance that this will be streamed on the Wynnum Manly Facebook page. They're one of the best clubs at covering all levels, NRL clubs could really take note.

Breaking the team down we've got...

4 Broncos Contracted Players - Vudogo (NRL), Gamble, Petterson-Robati and Hetherington (Development).

9 Senior QCup Affiliated Players - Hamilton, Vaea, Aufaga-Toomaga, Reuben, Nicholls, Lee, Waaka & Maroske.

7 Junior Affiliated Players - Martin, Robati, Piakura, Sommerville, James, Ah Cong and Heenan.

A hodge podge side, but that would realistically be the Broncos QCup squad if they formed a team.

Broncos' team to play Wynnum Seagulls - Friday February 21 at 7pm (Kitchener Park):

1 Guy Hamilton
2 Ilikena Vudogo
3 Vaea Vaea
4 Bessie Aufaga-To'omaga
5 Jon Reuben
6 Darren Nicholls
7 Tyson Gamble
8 Pride Petterson-Robati
9 Kobe Hetherington
10 Jack Martin
11 Teui Robati
12 Brendan Piakura
13 Brandon Lee
Interchange

14 Cole Waaka
15 Damon Sommerville
16 Josh James
17 Myphala Ah Chong
18 Danny Heenan
19 Darcy Maroske

Coach: Corey Parker
Darcy maroske , good strong name that one

Vudogo might be late if his run to get the ball in the 9s is anything to go by. He might walk out of the tunnel in slow motion.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mr Fourex
  • Justwin
  • Harry Sack
  • Cavalo
  • Stix
  • Jazza
  • Galah
  • Culhwch
  • bazza
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.