Nines / Trial Games

I know BHQ loves to flip the switch from optimism to the sky is falling at the drop of a hat ... and they do it better than anyone else ...

but may i remind everyone that it was a trial ... in fact in our last premiership year (2006) we also not only lost our last trial match but were systematically dismantled to the tune of 58-10

Reminder of what Seibold said in his last interview. This is the kind of corporate gibberish that results in what we're seeing:

“One thing we are working hard on is building greater connections and building cohesion within our group. The squad is in a really good place at the moment, everyone is working hard, I find peace of mind putting changes in place and implementing a really well-planned pre-season.”

LOL if the coaches of the 80s and 90s said something like this they'd be laughed out of the job in 5 minutes (and probably punched in the parking lot). Legit sounds like he is coaching a fking ballet class.

Last edited:
LOL if the coaches of the 80s and 90s said something like this they'd be laughed out of the job in 5 minutes (and probably punched in the parking lot). Legit sounds like he is coaching a fking ballet class.

and if the coaches of today don't say this kind of stuff then they'd be out of a job ... and since Seibs is coaching in 2020 not 1980, he should probably sing from todays song sheet

If it helps put anyone's mind at ease, there's an almost certain chance the season will be completely disrupted by the looming Corona Virus.

Crowds will be down massively - if games are even played at all. And spare the thought that players might also be going down with it. If even one player gets infected - and that's highly likely - the whole team will either get infected or be put in quarantine.

I don't see three Origin games happening.

Maybe we can write this season off already.

Last edited:
If it helps put anyone's mind at ease, there's an almost certain chance the season will be completely disrupted by the looming Corona Virus.

Crowds will be down massively - if games are even played at all. And spare the thought that players might also be going down with it. If even one player gets infected - and that's highly likely - the whole team will either get infected or be put in quarantine.

Yeah that puts everyone's mind at ease.

I know BHQ loves to flip the switch from optimism to the sky is falling at the drop of a hat ... and they do it better than anyone else ...

but may i remind everyone that it was a trial ... in fact in our last premiership year (2006) we also not only lost our last trial match but were systematically dismantled to the tune of 58-10

We also got flogged in round 1 from memory but we also had an origin forward pack and a couple of handy backs like Lockyer and Hodges.....

We also got flogged in round 1 from memory but we also had an origin forward pack and a couple of handy backs like Lockyer and Hodges.....

yep Cowboys beat us by 32 points (they finished 9th that season)

Man our defence was bad. Looked to me like Kennedy had two crucial lapses which led to back to back tries. Very worrying regardless of the fact it was a trial game.
What worried me the most wasn't any particular players game but the attitude when we were scored against. There was a lack of application that screamed "this isn't important".
If that was the attitude going in, everybody needs a good hard look at themselves. You'd like to think their performance has a bearing on the coming weeks selection but realistically the same core of players will get selected.
Only the fringe players might see their fortunes drop from this one. If there is one thing I'd like us to pick up from the likes of Melbourne it's that the little things like correct tackling technique and their application natter. There are way too much lazy efforts at passing, tackling and holding possession from players who know better.

Man our defence was bad. Looked to me like Kennedy had two crucial lapses which led to back to back tries. Very worrying regardless of the fact it was a trial game.
A lot of the tries we conceded looked like tries that just don't happen in the NRL. Some of that might have just been the camera work and commentary, but some of it seemed as though players weren't as willing to put their bodies on the line for a trial game.

Now that you mention it I would be amazed if the Tokyo Olympics goes ahead, this thing is no joke. (I have been saying that for weeks but no one's paying attention).

Line speed just wasn’t there for most of the game, just gave titans too much free running, to quote Darius “we were out-enthused today”.

Now that you mention it I would be amazed if the Tokyo Olympics goes ahead, this thing is no joke. (I have been saying that for weeks but no one's paying attention).
I was in Singapore a couple of weeks ago. They’re taking it fucking seriously there. Here in the UK, they’re still in denial. It’ll cripple London when it hits the tube, probably within the next few weeks. I’m worried I might not be able get back to Australia in a couple of months.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • BooKhaki
  • Foordy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Morkel
  • The Strapper
  • Fatboy
  • Stix
  • Johnny92
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Rowdy124
  • Xzei
  • Fozz
  • Allo
  • Waynesaurus
  • Browny
  • Broncs1459
  • Rambstien
  • Jazza
  • theshed
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.