NEWS No regrets for Tonga star Pangai despite NSW revival

I was going of how it was initially reported ...
Fair enough. There's still been debate around international and origin eligibility rules.

I for one like that a player can play for tier 2 nations without repercussions to tier 1 or origin eligibility. There's a chance Offa feels equally as passionate for Qld as he does playing for Tonga so I like that he can play for both.

under the origin eligibility he qualifies for QLD and he plays for a tier 2 nation in Tonga

Once you represent another Tier 1 nation that isn't Australia, you aren't eligible regardless of whether you switch to a Tier 2.

Besides, he didn't move to Australia until he was 14 so he isn't eligible either way.

Once you represent another Tier 1 nation that isn't Australia, you aren't eligible regardless of whether you switch to a Tier 2.

Besides, he didn't move to Australia until he was 14 so he isn't eligible either way.

I read an article somewhere that said the only box JT2 didnt tick in regards to playing Origin for QLD was he chose to play for NZ. He ( at the time he made his choice ) qualified for QLD. IF the rules ever get relaxed so NSW can get their hands on certain players, you watch, JT2 end up a Queenslander.

Yes which is interesting since he is playing for a tier 2 nation, he could actually legitimately picked for origin 3 I do believe IF the Marlins wanted to go that way. Interesting hmmm

Active Now

• Spoon
  • Financeguy
  • Jazza
  • john1420
  • Ondi
  • Manofoneway
  • levikaden
  • Fitzy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Santa
  • Tim K
  • BruiserMk1
  • thenry
  • Jason Simmons
  • RolledOates
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mister Wright
  • Griffo
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.