Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I think Reyno and TMM would be an exciting halves combination that would really give opposition teams something to worry about.
Then imagine if Herbie could really take fullback by the scruff of the neck and prove he can work at it to the extent of making it his own.
Then throw in Cobbo in his favoured position of centre as well as Staggs killing it. Well I think that's a backline that could really give the premiership a hell of a shake.
Things are looking positive for the Broncos moving forward i reckon.

We finally got rid of Isaako, please don’t make me live through any more Niu.
They both have gotta be some of the most low IQ footy players in the league. Incredibly dumb and have no place being FB. Hopefully they are already trying to shop tesi around. Fingers crossed dolphins want him.

Legitimate question- when did league become so obsessed with moving players? As soon as a player shows some potential or skill the obsession becomes where can we move him?
Since it became a much more professional sport. It's going to become more and more like American sports.

I think we need to start looking into players being given revenue share of jerseys. If people are going to be paying $160 for a jersey, it might as well have their favorite player and number on it. I wouldn't be against us adopting the SL version of 1-30 squad numbers for the year, or even just letting players pick their own jersey number for the year like USA sports. I think that would make players even more open to the public, as they wanna sell themselves and boost their jersey sales.

Since it became a much more professional sport. It's going to become more and more like American sports.

I think we need to start looking into players being given revenue share of jerseys. If people are going to be paying $160 for a jersey, it might as well have their favorite player and number on it. I wouldn't be against us adopting the SL version of 1-30 squad numbers for the year, or even just letting players pick their own jersey number for the year like USA sports. I think that would make players even more open to the public, as they wanna sell themselves and boost their jersey sales.

I don't understand what any of that has to do with players moving positions?

TMM's evolution as a fullback should be used to make sure Tesi gets on top of his injuries. Tesi was looking quite good before he went down and people are very critical of him, given he's only 20 years old

TMM isn't a long-term option, ideally we want him at 5/8 because I think in that situation we'd have quite a damaging halves combination

wot...

Yeah on position changes I dunno whether Cobbo could do more damage at centre than he is doing on the wing.

Yeah on position changes I dunno whether Cobbo could do more damage at centre than he is doing on the wing.
I agree and as we build combinations and stability, and the simple things have been sorted out, we can start giving Cobbo moments in the game when he plays a fullback type role.

Eg: Set plays off of scrums, 7 tackle sets off the 20m tap he can come in and support play through the middle looking for offloads on a cheeky outside inside play. He and Martin could even find ways to swap Cobbo into the fullback spot for kick returns.

Nothing over the top. 1 or 2 sets a game just to get him some fullback experience.

Legitimate question- when did league become so obsessed with moving players? As soon as a player shows some potential or skill the obsession becomes where can we move him?
Since Locky succeeded and everyone went omg need to find another

Tesi was having pretty much his only good game at fullback until he got injured. I think the big difference between him and Martin is basically Tesi does some great things individually, but Martin fits into the team and give us what we need far better than Tesi. He cant organise and he doesnt defend well, Martin does both of these things.

Tesi was having pretty much his only good game at fullback until he got injured. I think the big difference between him and Martin is basically Tesi does some great things individually, but Martin fits into the team and give us what we need far better than Tesi. He cant organise and he doesnt defend well, Martin does both of these things.
I actually re watched that half today. Tesi was okay but our defence still looked super disorganised even in the first half. Some scramble defence made up for a real lack of structure but really we got lucky that Panthers usual attacking plays weren’t sticking. Once they found their rhythm it was all over.

It’s an epidemic across all aspects of the NRL imo - the focus / obsession with ‘what and who is coming next’ .. us fans, the media, and even some clubs & coaches are all guilty of it..

It’s an epidemic across all aspects of the NRL imo - the focus / obsession with ‘what and who is coming next’ .. us fans, the media, and even some clubs & coaches are all guilty of it..

It seems worse than ever before; once it was we need to fix a problem or get two great players in a side- well move one to centre type thing but now even if a player is awesome at fullback- how would he go at hooker?

Miles maybe- even in 1984 when Miles wasn't just the best centre but in the conversation for best player the debate was moving him to the second row.

It seems worse than ever before; once it was we need to fix a problem or get two great players in a side- well move one to centre type thing but now even if a player is awesome at fullback- how would he go at hooker?

Miles maybe- even in 1984 when Miles wasn't just the best centre but in the conversation for best player the debate was moving him to the second row.
Agreed. Origin is particularly prone for it, picking the best on offer even out of position to try and pack in the talent wherever they can be stuffed.

For every one that goes off like a frog in a sock, there's 10 Oates in the 2nd Row, going from good player to barely NRL grade - and for what? They made a name playing where they are good. Transitions like Locky are the exception, not the rule.

Agreed. Origin is particularly prone for it, picking the best on offer even out of position to try and pack in the talent wherever they can be stuffed.

For every one that goes off like a frog in a sock, there's 10 Oates in the 2nd Row, going from good player to barely NRL grade - and for what? They made a name playing where they are good. Transitions like Locky are the exception, not the rule.

On the other hand, you want your best players in the most important positions. So if a player debuts on the wing but develops a skill set that suits fullback or centre, you're not going to say, sorry, you debuted on the wing so....

It can get out of hand though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • broncsgoat
  • ivanhungryjak
  • broncos4life
  • Scorchie
  • Fozz
  • lynx000
  • Brocko
  • Organix
  • Harry Sack
  • Mr Fourex
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Aldo
  • Justwin
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Battler
  • Galah
  • Foordy
  • Nerd
... and 27 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.