Not sure if anyone else has had this crazy thought...

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
however, IMO the IPL, once tweaked will become more and more popular, until eventually the competiton starts to really edge into International cricket events.

So my crazy thought I had was, what if the powers-that-be formed a 'Super 14" equivilent for southern Hemisphere cricket?

The top rating teams in their individual domestic comps play off in a competition. Imagine the top Indian, Sri Lankan, South African, Pakistani, Kiwi and Australian domestic teams facing off?

Biggest question of course would be, where does the $$$ come from, but I'm sure sponsership wouldn't be a problem if the National Powers allowed room in their schedules for such a competition. Am I on drugs?

Not a bad idea at all Hammo, maybe we here at BHQ should put a patent on the idea so when they want to do it they have to give us squillions to use the idea icon_thumbs_u

I'd watch it, thats for sure. I just hope that the IPL, and increasing rise in popularity of 20/20 doesn't bring about the demise of test cricket.

Active Now

• Skathen
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncoFan94
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • broncoscope
  • Xzei
  • Johnny92
  • Battler
  • bert_lifts
  • I bleed Maroon
  • NSW stables
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.