NOT CROSS FORUM NRL 2022 Round 18 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Souths get a penalty for a head clash, but Cody gives Waddell a clear high shot and they get the ball back and now a try off the back.

#NSWRLGoldenChild

**** Latrell is a grub.

I don't get it, he does grubby shit almost every game, and the commentators immediately defend him.
I have no idea why they defend him. I feel like they're very cautious with criticisms on indigenous players. Mitchell and Walker are very good for the inclusivity image of the NRL, and the other indigenous players aren't grubs, so they don't need to defend them.

This is only speculation. It could just be that he's a superstar player and so they don't want to believe he's a grub too. For example, they're quite forgiving with Victor Ramien and JWH too.

I have no idea why they defend him. I feel like they're very cautious with criticisms on indigenous players. Mitchell and Walker are very good for the inclusivity image of the NRL, and the other indigenous players aren't grubs, so they don't need to defend them.

This is only speculation. It could just be that he's a superstar player and so they don't want to believe he's a grub too. For example, they're quite forgiving with Victor Ramien and JWH too.
Yea i think you are right. They would be a huge drawcard for fans and need to keep them in a good light.
But Latrell is building a rapsheet as one of the grubbiest blokes of the past decade.
From the Manu hit, to shit like last week trying to lift an injured player to his feet and again tonight with his face grab.
There comes a point where you cant deny a bloke is a fuckwit regardless of how good a footy player he can be.

Nice stutter step!

If they want an outstanding indigenous player to be the face of Rugby League, then they need to market Cobbo way more than Latrell.

He is a great player, with a bright future, and none of the grubby angry bullshit Latrell brings.

Say what you will, Trell is a very, very good player.

I actually like watching him play, I’d love him on our team. He reminds me of Hodgo, just gets under everyone’s skin and treads that fine line.

Yep, he would be so easy to get behind if he wasnt a massive grub.
Absolutely. He channels his aggression poorly. I wonder if it's because he was spoilt coming up through the ranks, or if he just developed that as a person normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• pennywisealfie
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncos Maestro
  • FACTHUNT
  • HarryAllan7
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Wolfie
  • heartly87
  • Foordy
  • Manofoneway
  • RolledOates
  • Organix
  • Behind enemy lines
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Financeguy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • bert_lifts
  • Rowdy124
  • Wendall Taylor
  • LittleDavey
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.