NRL 2023 Finals Week 1 Discussion

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Yep he did get it down but boy that was casual.

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
Rapana showed a bit of toe there. Probably should have done better once he got there.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Bradman also had both points of the ball exposed, it was a loose carry.
Agreed.

I can see why the ref would think it's a strip live, but Starling isn't able to get any grip on the ball and then his arm doesn't really move.... his fingers don't even move to try and grip at the ball.

If he's lost it from that little amount of contact then I'd suggest it's a loose carry.

Brett Da Man LeMan

Brett Da Man LeMan

QCup Player
Aug 11, 2023
Ok, knights have this now. Faiders do faiding I guess

Brocko

Brocko

NRL Captain
Contributor
Feb 23, 2014
Starling nearly pulled off one of the all time try saves if he dislodged that ball with his head

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Agreed.

I can see why the ref would think it's a strip live, but Starling isn't able to get any grip on the ball and then his arm doesn't really move.... his fingers don't even move to try and grip at the ball.

If he's lost it from that little amount of contact then I'd suggest it's a loose carry.

Absolutely can be argued it was a loose carry, absolutely. But once the call is made, the stripping action that is present makes it impossible to change the live decision.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
What's happened to running behind your own player. Doesn't matter all if a sudden

Unread

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • Johnny92
  • Fitzy
  • Lostboy
  • Dee
  • Skathen
  • Foordy
  • Galah
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Alec
  • upthebroncs
  • The True King
  • BooKhaki
  • Xzei
  • davidp
  • Financeguy
  • Dash
  • Canga
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.