CROSS FORUM NRL 2023 Round 5 Discussion

How many 6 agains can Melb give away defending their line before someone gets sinbinned 😂

his hand followed the ball as it was striped, I don't think it was in act of scoring.

I think that close to the line he would have been making the attempt tbh. I'd be annoyed if they gave that against us.

I think that close to the line he would have been making the attempt tbh. I'd be annoyed if they gave that against us.
the ball only went out that way because of the strip if you watch it back.

Well Melbourne sucking for the first three weeks was fun, this has been such a high quality game and they are back.

Well Melbourne sucking for the first three weeks was fun, this has been such a high quality game and they are back.
I think Souths could of been alot better in attack but outside that I would agree.

I think Souths could of been alot better in attack but outside that I would agree.

Credit to Melbourne's defense, I think Souths have thrown a lot at them and they have repelled it all.

Credit to Melbourne's defense, I think Souths have thrown a lot at them and they have repelled it all.
Latrell has been invisible in this game, outside that edge play in the second half on the right he really wasn't there when he should of been, plenty of edge plays on the left he should've been there that could of done damage.

I compare that to Walsh or even TMM last year and it's night and day.

Latrell has been invisible in this game, outside that edge play in the second half on the right he really wasn't there when he should of been, plenty of edge plays on the left he should've been there that could of done damage.

I compare that to Walsh or even TMM last year and it's night and day.

Yeah but we all know Mitchell is a bit of myth.

unless you think burgess arm strength is stronger than the two arm grab of the strip from the storm player.

If the Storm player wasn't there he would attempt to put the ball down, absolutely i think he would have. I think its a fair strip in the circumstances. No player in their right mind is going to wait until he's reaching out to put the ball down before making the tackle. Burgess clearly wasnt in the position he was in just to get a play the ball, he was looking for a try. The rule is very nit picky imo.

My view is that Burgess was never going to score from that position, but by going for the strip he got far more close than he otherwise would have. I thought it was smart of Eisenhuth to attempt the play and if it went infront of a different video official they may have a different view of it. However, I think the rule is intended to be reactionary. If the player has no other choice but to strip the ball in a group tackle to prevent the try, they can do so. Obviously Eisenhuth in that situation didn't have to rake the ball out.

An interesting case study none the less and I'm happy to accept the ref's call.

Latrell walking into plays from a standing start. Classic.

[st_table="45%"][st_tr][st_td_row="2"]
1667.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]wombatgc - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 16, 2010
[/st_td][/st_tr][/st_table]
it's a stupid game for stupid boys
Hey @Dan . What was the restrictions on the cross-forum media. As in, can the others see if you give them emojis? And wasn’t there something like, if they reply to your messages, it won’t show up on our little bell reminder thingy.

1667.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]wombatgc - silvertails.net[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .June 16, 2010
4804.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]Tragic - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .April 27, 2016
REACTIONS: 11,345

Is that Wolford related to Simon Woolford?

Yeah it’s his son.

[/st_td_row][st_td]J_P - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .August 4, 2020
REACTIONS: 4,740
8255.jpg
[/st_td_row][st_td]LittleDavey - broncoshq.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .March 25, 2013

I agree, but the real question is - do we beat them next week?

Wighton is so important to them IMO.

Should do easily.

[/st_td_row][st_td]J_P - nzwarriors.com[/st_td][/st_tr][st_tr][st_td="0.7"]JOINED: .August 4, 2020
REACTIONS: 4,740
Why does latrell looks so unfit and over weight for the fullback position. Not fat shaming. But he looks like a middle in terms of build.
I didn't watch the game and haven't seen him this season so maybe he has gained weight but hasn't always been a bit chubby looking for a fullback.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Stix
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Brocko
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • theshed
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • winslow_wong
  • ezpz
  • Allo
  • The True King
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • mrslong
  • Aldo
  • BruiserMk1
  • Skyblues87
  • Cavalo
  • Waynesaurus
  • Wolfie
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.