NRL 2024 Round 1 Discussion

Wondering the last time a coach went to the Coast and improved their career?

@TheKHunt

someone represent GIF

He was probably the last player to give them anything to cheer about to be fair

@Super Freak

Aka the forth referee.

What was your verdict on Cartwright's second try?

It looked like he had a defender around his legs when his ball carrying arm hit the ground and then he proceeded to twist over.

I'm happy to go with momentum, but was that a black and white interpretation or discretionary?

Tigers really shit the bed hiring the Shenius and Benji instead of Flanagan... Dragons look a different team and their squad is bottom tier
I don't think the Dragons roster was a 5-19 roster to be fair. I thought they massively under-achieved last year and so much of that had to do with Hook over-staying his welcome.

It's a good win and I'm actually excited about the Dragons for the first time in years, but it was against a pretty disappointing Titans outfit in front of a disappointing Titans crowd.

I don't think the Dragons roster was a 5-19 roster to be fair. I thought they massively under-achieved last year and so much of that had to do with Hook over-staying his welcome.

It's a good win and I'm actually excited about the Dragons for the first time in years, but it was against a pretty disappointing Titans outfit in front of a disappointing Titans crowd.
Looked like a Flanagan team and not the halfback type, they will make the 8 and I hope our boys don’t sleep on them, thinking an easy win.

The man can coach structure with the best.

@Super Freak

Aka the forth referee.

What was your verdict on Cartwright's second try?

It looked like he had a defender around his legs when his ball carrying arm hit the ground and then he proceeded to twist over.

I'm happy to go with momentum, but was that a black and white interpretation or discretionary?

That's exactly what I saw.

The ball carrying arm touches the ground and he twists over to put the ball over the line with Salmon still having a hold of his leg. For mine it was a textbook double movement. With the way the tackle unfolded and his body positioning at the point when the ball carrying arm touched the ground, I just don't see how without a player on top of him pulling him back towards the line that he could have ended up with the ball over the line. If he didn't make the second effort and he let momentum take it's course, he ends up on his back with the ball short of the line. I don't think momentum twists him over completely where he can put the ball over the line.

I think the bunker's decision was discretionary and he gave Cartwright the benefit of the doubt. I can see why he did. But if that happened against us, I would be pissed. That's my thoughts on the try anyway.

This could be any game of any year for them sadly.

And every pre-season, they'll point to a game where they beat a cellar-dwelling team late in the previous season, and say "there were really good signs in that game, it looks like they are really turning the corner and will build on that momentum in this coming season". Makes me chuckle every time.

Lived on the Gold Coast long enough and seen pretty much every variation of a Gold Coast franchise and none have made any real progression like say the Cowboys have. Sure the Titans have been around for more then a decade and had a few solid seasons but really where are they in the scheme of things? Outside the odd Titans fan here(and there aren't many) no one takes them seriously on the Gold Coast.

Wait they were being coached? 🤔
It's hard sometimes to tell the difference for a while I reckon. Coast just don't have a decent spine it seems and Hunt and St George looked very good in that regard, makes a huge difference. Even Pies looks good when you have a DCE and Turbo on the field to lead the team around.

picking in the game is like choosing between power shitting or projectile vomiting

Fair bit of pressure on the Cows. They should win this game, but i dont think its going to be a good sign for them if they cant.

LOL talk about reading that poorly, fullback took that hook line and sinker.

Active Now

• Browny
  • broncos4life
  • Aldo
  • Jason Simmons
  • Galah
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • Johnny92
  • Brocko
  • Manofoneway
  • simplythebest
  • broncoscope
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Financeguy
  • theshed
  • Xzei
  • heartly87
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.