NRL contract news: Alex Glenn receives new offer from Brisbane Broncos

NImitz

NImitz

BRL Player
Sep 8, 2016
ALEX GLENN COULD REMAIN WITH THE BRONCOS
A good return for the Broncos this week with Alex Glenn and Matt Gillett back in the 17. Some good news for Alex Glenn as well, the Broncos have formally tabled a two-year offer. The problem is it's not at the same rate that he's on at the moment. Financially, it's a pay cut but if he wants to stay he now has that option.

He's now 31 and has been outstanding for the Broncos this year. There was some talk that the Gold Coast Titans would show some interest but they don't have any money in the salary cap; they've only got about $100,000. That puts the Broncos in the box seat to keep Alex, who plays his 256th game this weekend for the Broncos.
He surpasses Andrew Gee as the sixth-most capped player for the Broncos, a fantastic achievement.

But not if it comes at the expense of Fifita.

This is all that matters. I have a bad feeling we're going to lose Fifita, we've spent so much money re-signing all of these other forwards, and we still have to look after Oates, there's almost no chance there'll be enough money left over to pay Fifita what he's worth. We desperately need Boyd to retire to have any chance.

I'm happy for Glenn to stay, but he's bottom priority out of him, Fifita & Oates, the other two need to be looked after first.

This is all that matters. I have a bad feeling we're going to lose Fifita, we've spent so much money re-signing all of these other forwards, and we still have to look after Oates, there's almost no chance there'll be enough money left over to pay Fifita what he's worth. We desperately need Boyd to retire to have any chance.

I'm happy for Glenn to stay, but he's bottom priority out of him, Fifita & Oates, the other two need to be looked after first.
We've also lose McGuire, kahu, nikorima, Roberts, sua.... Fifita would have been factored into the cap. We also have mccullough, shibasaki, Staggs, flegler, possibly boyd (if we give him an ultimatum regarding not reaching 15 games), and I'm sure I've missed a few, all coming off contract by the time fifitas contract is up. We won't lose him unless someone pays MASSIVE OVERS.

Which given the state of some clubs you would think is almost a given. I hope he stays.

My opinion of his playing ability hasn't improved much but you know what, he's the closest thing to a real leader we have out there at the moment so that alone gets him big points.

Love Glenn and hope we keep him, just hope it isn’t a sign that we’ve resigned to losing Fifita

I say no way in hell the club would be putting an offer on the table for Glenn for 200k or so if that money could go towards keeping Fifitia. Tells me they are confident in keeping him and Glenn got what the club could give. Same goes for Staggs.

The club said nobody they want to keep will be going. The cap may be tight. Bu if its worked right and the players are willing to sacrifice for glory, then its doable.

The club's saying we can't keep them all and their right. But it doesn't mean we will keep the wrong ones.

James hooper just said on Fox sports that Fifita will go to the open market. Worrying if true

James hooper just said on Fox sports that Fifita will go to the open market. Worrying if true

what would he know!!!

every player (at least their managers) would know exactly whats on offer at other clubs before re-signing anyway

Hooper and Kent are full of shit. They went on about how its our biggest mistake not signing him sooner, then went on to say we are in love with signing all the new up and coming players. Like **** me dead. While Gordie sits there claiming we spent 2 million on Payne and Lodge, can you even numbers bro. In the same conversation they went on to say we didn't need both Lodge and Hass but still should have Moose in the side. That all is not even the kicker, they claimed our cap is in a terrible state yet couldn't understand how we didn't bring Maloney up for two years. Not to mention Hooper claimed the Roosters are now in the mix for Fifita, how can they sit there and say that with a straight face.These blokes obviously hate the Broncos and have let it take over their brains because the shit they spewed on triple m and Fox today is just speculation and hate.

We will be in a good position once Macca and Boyd take their place away from this club, Macca has a Contract for next year and that's it, so as long as we are in contact with fifita's management we should be able to keep him if we Offload Macca.

The Boyd situation is up to him, hopefully he retires.

Yes, Macca has to go along with Boyd for next year. There's now two ways about it if we intend to lock up DaFifi, Flegler, Staggs & any junior players who we want to keep at the club.

Locky must keep saying aloud that we can't keep everyone at the club due to salary cap issues yet, work masterfully in the background in tapping Macca & Boyd shoulders for next season. Let the media thugs and biased dickheads rot with jealousy by we signing everyone we want to keep at the club long term.

Hooper and Kent are full of shit. They went on about how its our biggest mistake not signing him sooner, then went on to say we are in love with signing all the new up and coming players. Like **** me dead. While Gordie sits there claiming we spent 2 million on Payne and Lodge, can you even numbers bro. In the same conversation they went on to say we didn't need both Lodge and Hass but still should have Moose in the side. That all is not even the kicker, they claimed our cap is in a terrible state yet couldn't understand how we didn't bring Maloney up for two years. Not to mention Hooper claimed the Roosters are now in the mix for Fifita, how can they sit there and say that with a straight face.These blokes obviously hate the Broncos and have let it take over their brains because the shit they spewed on triple m and Fox today is just speculation and hate.

Well, i do know the Rorters have sounded out Arrow, so i dont think they will go for Fifita as well.

Last edited:

Active Now

• kman
  • Mustafur
  • Brocko
  • Jazza
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Foordy
  • broncos4life
  • Fozz
  • cento
  • Justwin
  • kiwi2
  • FACTHUNT
  • Manifesto
  • Organix
  • Battler
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Porthoz
  • leon.bott
  • sooticus
  • Wolfie
... and 30 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.