NRL - Finals Week 2

What a clever, well worked set play ... Seibold, not a prop in sight

Last edited:
Can we do what Melbourne did to us and offer paps a mill? This kid has an epic work ethic, he’s hungry, he’s fast, he has good vision... **** you melbourne

Can we do what Melbourne did to us and offer paps a mill? This kid has an epic work ethic, he’s hungry, he’s fast, he has good vision... **** you melbourne

We haven’t got the game or players for him to shine like he is right now.

Lock in Roosters vs. Canberra for the GF

I think the storm are in for a shock against the roosters. The broncos didn’t show up for the eels, giving them a false reality. now the eels have hardly fired a shot at Melbourne to get them finals ready for next week. This 2nd half has been woeful from both teams

Luckily it wasn't the old system of 1 v 8. The Storm would have racked up triple figures last weekend.

We haven’t got the game or players for him to shine like he is right now.
I don’t expect to get him, more to make sure they pay up!!
[automerge]1569065811[/automerge]
Did ya hear that seibs? Best four defensive teams are still in it... our edge defence ain’t getting us there so um do something about that. Ta

Last edited:
Hmm... best case scenario. Smith is suspended for a game (haha, yeah right) and Storm go into full wrestle/ear pull mode and injure a few key Roosters but still lose the game and give the Raiders a saloon passage in the GF.

As long as they don't choke against Souths that is.

The NRL Lab needs a fact checker.

It was said during the broadcast that no team that finished minor premiers and lost the first week recovered to win the Grand Final.

Brisbane Broncos did it in 1998.

It was said during the broadcast that no team that finished minor premiers and lost the first week recovered to win the Grand Final.

Who did they lose to? I remember them thrashing the roosters in the prelim, the rest is hazy.

How absolutely wonderful! I hate Melbourne too but keeping Parra scoreless and scoring more than 30, well that's just spiffing ! Sooo glad to see Parra gorne! For me, Canberra and Souths in that order so next weekend I'm certain to get one into the grand final. Hope it's Canberra but I still love the old guy.

Were they referring to this system , perhaps., where the top 4 play each other. ?

Hey @Dexter

An early Christmas present from me to you.

Yes thanks pete not a lot of sin bins there.
Sivo should have been binned last as well for that shoulder charge.

If you watch it again, Murray has already committed to the outside option before Gagai slips over. If Gagai stays alive, Trbojevic would have had him covered back on the inside and Elliot had already made his decision.
Nailed it. I don't understand how you can think its bin worthy when you understand the game like this.

Storm supporters have every right to be furious with the referees. Last week either Whitehead or Croker should have been marched and last night Jennings blatantly took Papenhuyzen out. I couldn't believe Maxwell allowed play to go on and presume he only did so because Melbourne were going to receive the ball regardless.

To add insult to injury, Smith got himself binned for an innocuous strike to the face. I don't blame the referees in that situation, but Mahoney shouldn't have been rewarded and I could only imagine the reception if the shoe had have been on the other foot.

I couldn't get over the individual brilliance of Addo-Carr and Vunivalu. The Storm were strong across the park, but the work of Addo-Carr and Vunivalu to convert half chances into points was unbelievable. That opening try of Addo-Carr's in particular was the highlight of the game. Melbourne were under all sorts of pressure bringing the ball out from their line before they went left and Addo-Carr summed the situation up perfectly.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Sproj
  • Culhwch
  • Battler
  • Galah
  • Harry Sack
  • TimWhatley
  • Foordy
  • Brocko
  • Stix
  • Broncosgirl
  • Johnny92
  • Fozz
  • Fitzy
  • jd87
  • KateBroncos1812
  • GCBRONCO
  • Organix
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.