NRL - Finals Week 2

Storm supporters have every right to be furious with the referees. Last week either Whitehead or Croker should have been marched and last night Jennings blatantly took Papenhuyzen out. I couldn't believe Maxwell allowed play to go on and presume he only did so because Melbourne were going to receive the ball regardless.
What about Sam taking out Parker in the 32nd minute 8 mtrs out chasing a kick .
He just barrelled him onto his back quite prepared to give the penalty but guess what. Not even a penalty.
Clear professional foul.
Maybe they should strive for consistency within the same game.

Last edited:
What about Sam taking out Parker in the 32nd minute 8 mtrs out chasing a kick .
He just barrelled him onto his back quite prepared to give the penalty but guess what. Not even a penalty.
Clear professional foul.
Maybe they should strive for consistency within the same game.

Fair point, and I think this thread has well and truly established the inconsistensies in refereeing.

Still, Jake deserved his punishment.

Fair point, and I think this thread has well and truly established the inconsistensies in refereeing.

Still, Jake deserved his punishment.
I'm all aboard the black and white train.
Pro foul is a pro foul. 10 in the bin be it a ruck infringement or whatever.
No warnings after 3 penalties, just gone.
I'm 100% sure the players will stop.
Annersley defended the decision and said the rules don't change for the semi finals. That may come back to haunt him.

I found this interesting.

15 of the past 21 GF's when the NRL was formed has featured either a Melbourne or Roosters side, with one of them featuring both.

It's going to be 16 out of 22 next week.

1998:
1999: Melbourne
2000: Roosters
2001:
2002: Roosters
2003: Roosters
2004: Roosters
2005:
2006: Melbourne
2007: Melbourne
2008: Melbourne
2009: Melbourne
2010: Roosters
2011:
2012: Melbourne
2013: Roosters
2014:
2015:
2016: Melbourne
2017: Melbourne
2018: Melbourne & Roosters
2019: Melbourne or Roosters

Just goes to show the salary cap works...

It is really.

14 of the current 16 clubs have featured in a GF since the NRL was formed in 1998. The only clubs that haven't are Raiders and Titans. Some clubs are just better managed than the others.

It is really.

14 of the current 16 clubs have featured in a GF since the NRL was formed in 1998. The only clubs that haven't are Raiders and Titans. Some clubs are just better managed than the others.

Except the two teams that most blatantly cheat/work around the cap benefit most.

Unread

Active Now

• Fozz
  • pennywisealfie
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.