CROSS FORUM NRL Finals Week One Discussion

Average play the ball speed

Cowboys 3.65 seconds
Knights 3.12 seconds

Have to do a better job at slowing the ruck down against Cronulla. Also backs up my point that the Knights were allowed to lay all over us all night.

3.65 seconds is in the top percentile for the year.

When Grant was allowed to hold play up by not playing the ball he should have been penalised. Instead the bunker went back and and looked at the play before and overruled the ref.

At this point my heart dropped and I switched over to Netflix.

He’s well on his way to surpassing Cam Smith as the player who is running the officiating of a game.

Not happy Jan.

Because it's the Storm. When the Broncos fired last year and the Storm fizzled out, 80% of the Storm banwagonners went back to the "I don't really watch that many games / I only really watch Origin" supporter status. It will take a couple of premierships to get their "fans" back, and the NRL are hot on the case.

For all the talk of Kalyn Ponga it was Kyle Feldt who stole the show. He intercepted the Knights twice when they had good ball, his run set the Cowboys up for the McLean try and it was his tap back that set up Cotter's fortuitous try.

It's been a remarkable season for him and arguably the best of his career. Considering he was dropped last year it's been a great response.

I couldn't fault the Cowboys efforts, but it wasn't their best performance last night. They looked lost with the football in the first half and their whole game plan revolved around kicking to corners. It did eventually pay off with the Cotter try, so you'd have to give points for persistence, but they looked constrained last night.

I'd put the second half down to using the kick-off really well. They set a nice tone early, Luki in particular had some great carries and the Knights buckled. I thought the Cowboys should have run away with it after the McLean try, but they made three bad errors in a row to invite the Knights back into it. If Ponga finds Gagai with a pass, we're having a completely different discussion right now.

Still, they live to fight another day and they'd fancy their chances against Cronulla.

Because it's the Storm. When the Broncos fired last year and the Storm fizzled out, 80% of the Storm banwagonners went back to the "I don't really watch that many games / I only really watch Origin" supporter status. It will take a couple of premierships to get their "fans" back, and the NRL are hot on the case.
This kind of rhetoric is awfully similar to a few on here the last week lol

I actually think Manly have a really good team. They have the ingredients you want. Solid forward pack, game winner in turbo, DCE in half back and some outside backs with speed. If this master coach Seibold is half the football brain people say he is, he's got the troops to go a long way.

For all the talk of Kalyn Ponga it was Kyle Feldt who stole the show. He intercepted the Knights twice when they had good ball, his run set the Cowboys up for the McLean try and it was his tap back that set up Cotter's fortuitous try.

It's been a remarkable season for him and arguably the best of his career. Considering he was dropped last year it's been a great response.

I couldn't fault the Cowboys efforts, but it wasn't their best performance last night. They looked lost with the football in the first half and their whole game plan revolved around kicking to corners. It did eventually pay off with the Cotter try, so you'd have to give points for persistence, but they looked constrained last night.

I'd put the second half down to using the kick-off really well. They set a nice tone early, Luki in particular had some great carries and the Knights buckled. I thought the Cowboys should have run away with it after the McLean try, but they made three bad errors in a row to invite the Knights back into it. If Ponga finds Gagai with a pass, we're having a completely different discussion right now.

Still, they live to fight another day and they'd fancy their chances against Cronulla.
As much as we all hate Feldt, hes had a really good year. Shame Corey couldn't double up the effort and match it :\

Weird year this one.

Who wins?

Melbourne - We'd never hear the end of Bellamy being the best ever
Penrith - Get lost
Roosters - Nobody likes them winning anything
Cronulla - Least terrible but no chance
Cowboys - Imagine the anti-Broncos stories about Dearden if he wins
Bulldogs - Wouldnt hear the end the Critta love fest
SeaEagles - Be bold. Seibold. Yuck.

Go Cronulla?

Weird year this one.

Who wins?

Melbourne - We'd never hear the end of Bellamy being the best ever
Penrith - Get lost
Roosters - Nobody likes them winning anything
Cronulla - Least terrible but no chance
Cowboys - Imagine the anti-Broncos stories about Dearden if he wins
Bulldogs - Wouldnt hear the end the Critta love fest
SeaEagles - Be bold. Seibold. Yuck.

Go Cronulla?
Melbourne or the cows losing to a horrendous referee call is the ideal result

Active Now

• Yellowfella
  • johnny plath
  • Dash
  • Allo
  • Santa
  • NSW stables
  • broncsgoat
  • Hurrijo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.