CROSS FORUM NRL Finals Week One Discussion

Cleary played about 10 games of the regular season and then just dials it up in their first final and just like that they're 1 win away from a 4th consecutive grand final. They're going to sorely miss Luai and about 12 months ago, I wouldn't have been saying that. Tigers might have got a good one. However, we were saying the same thing when they lost Koroisau.

You do wonder how many more crucial parts to their team they can afford to keep letting go without taking a hit in their performances, surely missing JFH and Luai brings them back a bit, doesn't it?
I think they’re getting to the stage next year where they can’t afford to lose Cleary at all. They weren’t far from dropping out of the top 4 this year at times, and without luai to step into 7 they’ll have to rely on a Schneider/ Talagi halves pairing if Cleary goes down (he’ll probably play every minute next year knowing their luck).

Edwards is also looking extremely worn out and banged up this year and is getting older - we can only pray for the comp’s sake that his effectiveness diminishes

The Penrith juggernaut just keeps rolling on. If I had to pick a moment, it was early on when Cleary elected to run the ball on the last. It just completely bamboozled the Roosters, threw them off their rhythm and just about every error they made that half was punished.

No weak links for the Panthers either, even Garner and Alamoti played well.

Sydney just couldn't muscle up. As expected, the Panthers really went out of their way to protect Cleary so the only real in-roads could be made down Luai's edge. Still, it was a disappointing effort from Collins, May and Leniu - all of them failed to assert themselves physically and Whyte was by far their best forward on the night. Young was also exposed and his carries did little to help the Roosters.

At this stage I'm expecting the Panthers to the Cowboys. I expect it to be a bridge too far for some of these Cowboys players, but a few of them will be better for the experience.

**** off Matt Nable. If there was a higher tier of Kayo that could guarantee me to never hear that fuckers voice again I would pay it.

Tago is the weak link in this panthers team... heard he doesn't allow modern medicine... wonder if that's why he's behind the rest of his teammates
Maybe he's the weak link to be a whistle blower if he gets the shits. Seems that's the only way that systemic cheating comes to light compared to inadequate normal testing regimes that seem to just chase their tails

The Penrith juggernaut just keeps rolling on. If I had to pick a moment, it was early on when Cleary elected to run the ball on the last. It just completely bamboozled the Roosters, threw them off their rhythm and just about every error they made that half was punished.

I have a new/a respect for Nathan Cleary.

He's been given the magic beans.

Cleary vs Munster grand final.......

Frustrated World Cup GIF

What a start...

Sharks really looking pretty good after that start.
In it up to their necks atm.
Nicho gets his chance to ice a big game.

The Sharks had the Storm short on the last which is why they ran it, but the centre ran back in-field instead of giving it the winger who was unmarked. Got tackled on the 5th for like a 0m gain and the Storm almost instantly.

Active Now

• MaroubraBroncos
  • Jason Simmons
  • Wild Horse
  • LittleDavey
  • BooKhaki
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • pagey
  • Manofoneway
  • Gaz
  • Strop
  • GCBRONCO
  • broncsgoat
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.