CROSS FORUM NRL Finals Week One Discussion

Manly will be feed for the Rorters next weekend, Sharks and Cows is a complete toss up, but regardless of who advances, they will be sacrificed at the alter for Scum vs. Smug Grand Final and you will love it.

Fair win from Manly. No doubt Siebold can coach. He might have failed with us but he’s going ok with them.

I am so happy Dogs lost after all their crowing this year beating bottom 8 teams.

I am a member on their forum & they believe that beating us was the turning point of our season. 😆🤣😂

I posted, we were from 1 win from 7 & our win was against the Knights the week before. We were on fire.

They actually believed they were winning the GF.

Some of them are deluded.

I didn't watch the game so I don't know if Addo-Carr would have changed the result but seriously, him getting done in the leadup to their first finals appearance in 8 years, how can the playing group forgive him for that?

Watched DCE's try in the second half.

That's the exact same play Storm used against Dogs in the '12 GF lol. Cronk to Slater. What a fucking play. I don't know why teams don't do it more often. Reyno did it with Oates a couple of times.

Canterbury blew it.

After that Skelton try, they just started to ease up and failed to put the Sea Eagles to the sword. Suddenly players were too busy sucking in the big ones and didn't want to take carries. Then players started making lazy errors and it just left the door ajar for Manly.

To the Sea Eagles credit, they took their chances. That was a lovely set play for Cherry-Evans try and as you pointed out Freaky, Seibold has a few of them up his sleeve - that set play for Oates was one of my favourite things he ever came up with at the Broncos.

Then the Koula try was special. I don't think there was anything rehearsed about it, that was just Cherry-Evans with his ingenuity, spotting something in the defensive line and looking to exploit it with one of the best strike weapons in the game.

Turbo was clearly playing hurt and was well below his usual best but even then the class of the man to set that play in motion can't be understated. Brilliant work and Koula on one of his biggest stages stepped up and did something we've been waiting years for him to produce.

Still, it felt like Canterbury's afternoon. It was just when the game was there to be won, it was Cherry-Evans and Trbojevic who stood up. Meanwhile Burton and Mahoney couldn't pull the trigger when they had the opportunity. Crichton also came up with that miss and seemed very subdued after he seemingly injured his shoulder - I wonder if anything more would come out of that.

As disappointing as it is for the Bulldogs, they're a team on the rise and this should only just be the beginning for them. On the other hand, I'm not sure if I can say the same for Manly, they truly are the Jeckyll and Hyde of the competitions. Wins against the Storm and Panthers but also a humiliating loss to the Tigers - they can only rely on Cherry-Evans and Turbo for so long and they can only take them so far.

am so happy Dogs lost after all their crowing this year beating bottom 8 teams.
Yeah, I know we all hate Siebold here. But I'm kinda glad dogs lost. They way them/their fans have carried on this year after doing nothing over the last decade is pathetic lol. I guess I can't blame them entirely, they got over excited. But still, eh.

I am a member on their forum & they believe that beating us was the turning point of our season. 😆🤣😂

I posted, we were from 1 win from 7 & our win was against the Knights the week before. We were on fire.

They actually believed they were winning the GF.

Some of them are deluded.
What's the feeling like over there today?

What's the feeling like over there today?

They are blaming the refs, Reed Mahoney etc

They saw the magical 8 metre forward pass that lead to the Manly try. (I asked where they watch the game, so I can watch there as well, as I get a different version to them all)

Some want JAC sacked & others believe he is innocent. lol

They believe the NRL don't want them to be there.

I posted the teams they won & lost to who were in the top 8. lol

Got the standard post the Broncos, I said why, we didn't make the 8.

I am loving it.

I posted the teams they won & lost to who were in the top 8. lol

Got the standard post the Broncos, I said why, we didn't make the 8.

I am loving it.

What's funny is they have the same amount of wins vs top 8 teams than what we do and we sucked this year.

4 from 12.

Active Now

• Dexter
  • JayTeeM
  • Gaz
  • Johnny92
  • Ozired
  • NSW stables
  • Big Del
  • Harry Sack
  • sooticus
  • Xzei
  • thenry
  • Broncosgirl
  • Porthoz
  • pagey
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Santa
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.