NRL General Discussion Thread - 2019

Reynolds on the wing? bold choice.
JWH at 6 is bolder IMO. At first I assumed that they didn't have the full squad of player's pics on hand, so they used double-ups as placeholders. But some of the pics they simply have on the wrong player. It was designed by someone who had no idea who the players are, and thought "this guy looks like a Brett" *inserts Cronk pic*. Then sent it to their editor who (and I know all too well how often this happens) glances at it for 0.5 seconds and replied "looks great, go ahead" without actually checking or reading anything.

Brisbane
Hey BHQers. If you're a Telstra customer you can sign up to Kayo for $5 for the first two months. Bargain. Offer valid until 14-04 so I'll be taking advantage of that for the next 2 months.

It's in the my offers section of Telstra app. Post paid customers only.

Brisbane
Hey BHQers. If you're a Telstra customer you can sign up to Kayo for $5 for the first two months. Bargain. Offer valid until 14-04 so I'll be taking advantage of that for the next 2 months.

It's in the my offers section of Telstra app. Post paid customers only.
What's the difference between Kayo and Foxtel Play?

Brisbane
What's the difference between Kayo and Foxtel Play?
Kayo is basically the sport package of Foxtel ripped out and made into its own service. It's sports only, you can't get anything else Foxtel related. They're different companies (but not really).

For people like myself who sign up to Foxtel purely for sports and don't give a shit about anything else on Foxtel it's what I've always wanted.

john1420

NRL Player
Kayo is basically the sport package of Foxtel ripped out and made into its own service. It's sports only, you can't get anything else Foxtel related. They're different companies (but not really).

For people like myself who sign up to Foxtel purely for sports and don't give a shit about anything else on Foxtel it's what I've always wanted.
Agreed. I've had Foxtel for over 20 years just for sports

With the release of Kayo, I joined straight away and cancelled Foxtel

Saves me a bunch and works quite well

It's missing a search function though

Ipswich
$25 a month
Thanks. I bargained with Foxtel and ended up with all the sports channels plus pretty much all the channels going up from there and just a couple of the lower number ones. Total was 49 a month, no movies of course. No sci fi either. Kayo sounds like a good option if you can flick it at the end of the season without penalties.

Brisbane
Thanks. I bargained with Foxtel and ended up with all the sports channels plus pretty much all the channels going up from there and just a couple of the lower number ones. Total was 49 a month, no movies of course. No sci fi either. Kayo sounds like a good option if you can flick it at the end of the season without penalties.
No lock in contracts. Let us know if you need a hand to work out all the buttons if you sign up, old timer ;-)

Dash

NRL Player
Brisbane
In a surprise to absolutely nobody, Fonua-Blake is set to only miss a week for his hit on Benji Marshall.

And here's the kicker- he was charged with two separate offences, and the week suspension is for both combined.

Fuck the NRL.

In a surprise to absolutely nobody, Fonua-Blake is set to only miss a week for his hit on Benji Marshall.

And here's the kicker- he was charged with two separate offences, and the week suspension is for both combined.

Fuck the NRL.
Consistently inconsistent, new era don't you know.