NRL General Discussion Thread - 2020

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane

How about this for a try?

The hands from McGuire and Lockyer, kind of reminds me of another famous try they'd set up two years later.

I had no recollection of that, my only memory of that game was Ennis bombing that try. Until he signed with the Broncos, that was the biggest impression he left on me.

I didn't realise the Broncos were chasing Ennis for 2005 either. In hindsight it makes sense becaause when he did sign with the club, it was treated like no big secret.

Last edited:

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
^^ What an absolute pearler of a try. We saw nothing even close to that sort of skill last year.
We should have set up a 2019 Try of the Year thread.

Looking at the NRL.com video, they're mostly individual efforts which are great in their own way and I enjoy Jimmy the Jet vs. Sydney 2018 and Jack Reed vs. Melbourne 2011 as much as anyone but I'm a sucker for a good interchange of pass.

Off the top of my head, the Kotoni Staggs try vs. Souths was the pick of the bunch. It sort of came out of no where, as the boys just kept the ball alive until Gillett shrugged off Walker and threw a last gasp pass to Staggs. It's the last big play I remember Gillett coming up with and it broke my heart when the Broncos weren't able to snatch victory.

They didn't deserve it, but the way they nearly came away with it at the end was so exhillerating.

As for Carney, the NRL will probably clear him for the Perth 9s.

Last edited:

Tom

State of Origin Captain

I thought the NRL had already stonewalled any chance of Bubbler being registered?
I thought they ok'd a return for him but he only got 1 or 2 offers(Cows maybe?) which he turned down because the contracts had a zero tolerance alcohol stipulation in them.

soup

State of Origin Captain
T’ba
I thought they ok'd a return for him but he only got 1 or 2 offers(Cows maybe?) which he turned down because the contracts had a zero tolerance alcohol stipulation in them.
Can’t believe choosing to drink alcohol is more important than hundreds of thousands, maybe millions of dollars. What a fucking fool.

Last edited:

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
Hook was a train wreck when he was calling.

Both Hodges and Buderus are pretty useless as well.

Wasn't a fan of the Ginnane experiment.

I was trying to be generous towards Blocker and Kev, but wouldn't miss them if they were to leave.

Would say the same of Brandy but he's been around so long at this point he'd get by on tenure. I feel like he and Waz are an iconic pair at this stage.

Battler

NRL Captain
North Brisbane
Thank God for that. Gasnier was blatantly biased when commentating Broncos games. Hopefully Brandy follows him out the door.

I actually don't mind Blocker as a colour commentator, but you can't pair him with a bad play by play caller otherwise the call turns to shit. The same applies for Kevvie and Finch I guess.

EDIT: Anasta is shit.

Last edited:

Tom

State of Origin Captain
Anyone know anything about Latrell's brother Shaquille? Aparently has been given a contract at Souths. Is he getting a spot in their 30? Part of Latrell's deal?

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
Anyone know anything about Latrell's brother Shaquille? Aparently has been given a contract at Souths. Is he getting a spot in their 30? Part of Latrell's deal?
Older brother came through the Roosters junior system as a prop forward. Last year he was named in their original NRL squad until he completely vanished. Supposedly he quit mid-way through pre-season for some undisclosed reason.

I'm surprised he's having another crack, it would be his third attempt.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulietaRai

Twitter