NRL General Discussion Thread - 2020

Organix

NRL Player
Especially when you are seeing players get charged for crusher tackles where the attacking player is mostly responsible by backing into the defender.
I get the feeling that the commentators have a bit of influence here too. Saying things like "not intentional" when they have absolutely no way of knowing that. That's entirely subjective. They often will say something like "oh, that's a crusher" and it leads the judiciary. As if they aren't watching the footy with commentary.

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
McHunt McHunt is this your work?

“Richard Branson gave us all a present of mobile phones with months worth of credit on them. Another time, five of us opened the Brit Awards on drums with Queen and Five!

“And there was also the time we stripped off to pose as centrefolds in the gay magazine Campaign. They were always interesting times when Richard owned the club.
🤣 I love Seibs.

Can we give him an extension?

Last edited:

Jedhead

NRL Player
McHunt McHunt is this your work?

🤣 I love Seibs.

Can we give him an extension?
Wait, read that bit again " “And there was also the time we stripped off to pose as centrefolds in the gay magazine Campaign." That'll do me :rofl

Foordy

International Captain
Staff
Griffin apparently favourite for the Dragons job, unless Fitzgibbon changes his mind and wants to go for it

Foordy

International Captain
Staff
The NRL are piss weak. they are fining the Storm a grand total of $5, 000 for having 14 men on the field against the Roosters.

The SMH are reporting that Vunivalu went off for a HIA, and was replaced by Nico Hynes. when the Roosters restarted play it looked like they would have an overlap that would result in a break ... Vunivalu re-entered the field to plug the hole

mrslong

State of Origin Captain
Patriots Nation
The NRL are piss weak. they are fining the Storm a grand total of $5, 000 for having 14 men on the field against the Roosters.

The SMH are reporting that Vunivalu went off for a HIA, and was replaced by Nico Hynes. when the Roosters restarted play it looked like they would have an overlap that would result in a break ... Vunivalu re-entered the field to plug the hole
Shouldn’t they get points deducted, the dogs did.

Kimlo

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane

WTF, I know in the past it's only been a fine when it hasn't impacted play but if they've impacted play they should absolutely have points stripped. 5k. Fucking lol.

Foordy

International Captain
Staff
WTF, I know in the past it's only been a fine when it hasn't impacted play but if they've impacted play they should absolutely have points stripped. 5k. Fucking lol.
we got a 75k fine in the 00's for having 14 men on the field against the Tigers. (and that was only after we appealed the 2 points they stripped from us)

I think it was Webcke that was injured in the hands of 2 trainers being walked off the field. Webcke was something like 50m out of play at the time Parker entered the field.

this incident IIRC is why they introduced the interchange cards

Jedhead

NRL Player
we got a 75k fine in the 00's for having 14 men on the field against the Tigers. (and that was only after we appealed the 2 points they stripped from us)

I think it was Webcke that was injured in the hands of 2 trainers being walked off the field. Webcke was something like 50m out of play at the time Parker entered the field.

this incident IIRC is why they introduced the interchange cards
I bet no one on the board fire up about the sheer inconsistency and brings the whole matter of bias to the fore. It's about time we started going on the offensive at this club I'm sick of it being treated like shit by the NSWRL.

Broncs_Fan

NRL Player
Apparently Shaun Wane, Todd Payten, John Cartwright and Josh Hannay are undertaking final round interviews for the Cowboys Head Coaching position.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.