NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was curious to get Andrew Johns' reaction on the Fonua-Blake blow-up.

Some of you may remember in the lead up to the 2006 finals, Joey was involved in a major incident where he verbally abused Matt Cecchin in a close fought loss against Manly. A lot of ex-players rushed to Joey's defence in the media saying he had every right to be upset. It seemed like it was all going to blow over until Joey penned an article in the Telegraph where he stood his ground and demanded an apology from Cecchin.

As a result, the Match Review Committee charged him with a four week suspension, but he was able to get it downgraded to a two week suspension. The media was happy with the leniancy shown because Johns would have missed the opening two weeks of the finals.

Joey would go onto beat Manly in a dramatic semi-final, before suffering a 50-6 loss the following week.

14 years later, Joey claims he got better with age and if he did slip up on the field he'd immediately regret it after games.

Could have fooled me eighth.

Has JT weighed in yet?
Yep, I too was thinking about this Pete. Wondering why none of the media were pointing to Joey's suspension.

I'm forever grateful for the downgrade because if not for that we would hot have seen Locky thump Joey in his last ever finals match 50-6. Glorious.

Yep, I too was thinking about this Pete. Wondering why none of the media were pointing to Joey's suspension.

I'm forever grateful for the downgrade because if not for that we would hot have seen Locky thump Joey in his last ever finals match 50-6. Glorious.
I suspect you're being sarcastic and you actually know exactly why nobody in the media was keen to bring up Joey's suspension.

Not sure really where to post this but I've just noticed the NRL IOS app severely drains battery life in the background, even with notifications off. If you have it on an iPhone you might want to look at turning off the background processes or flicking it off after using it.

Last edited:
Not sure really where to post this but I've just noticed the NRL IOS app severely drains battery life in the background, even with notifications off. If you have it on an iPhone you might want to look at turning off the background processes or flicking it off after using it.
Unsurprisingly, even their digital product is absolute mud as well.

Unsurprisingly, even their digital product is absolute mud as well.
It's bloody good being able to watch Saturday games without Foxtel, but the app leaves a lot to be desired - can't cast to TV or even watch full screen on an iPad.

I can't say I've had issues with battery drain.

It's bloody good being able to watch Saturday games without Foxtel, but the app leaves a lot to be desired - can't cast to TV or even watch full screen on an iPad.

I think that’s a rights issue. If you can screen mirror to a larger screen then Foxtel would be pissed.

Kayo is your best bet, all the sport from foxtel but without the need to bundle and pay for other crap, normally $25/month, I scored an offer through telstra $15/month for 9 or 12 months no contract.......cant remember exactly the term.

Picture quality of the stream is excellent, its hard to go back to FTA after watching the stream.

Last edited:
Yep I got Kayo when I returned to Aus, I really like it as it has so much on it...including the creme de la ketchup - hot dog eating contests!

I do believe hamburger eating is also there 😎.

On a different note, Vlandy's has scrums in his firing line now apparently, these rapid changes to the game are rather concerning.

I do believe hamburger eating is also there 😎.

On a different note, Vlandy's has scrums in his firing line now apparently, these rapid changes to the game are rather concerning.

Tbf scrums have been a joke for years. They should be in the firing line. What’s he proposing?

Tbf scrums have been a joke for years. They should be in the firing line. What’s he proposing?
He could propose doubling or even tripling the number of scrums and you can just about guarantee Fox would spend the next month tripping over themselves to heap praise on such an inspired rule change from their new overlord.

There was an against the feed scrum win on the weekend and the ref just blew the whistle and went, nope we won't be having that thank you, re-pack it. So dumb.

There was an against the feed scrum win on the weekend and the ref just blew the whistle and went, nope we won't be having that thank you, re-pack it. So dumb.
The game just doesn't help itself with calls like that.... it's like "wait a sec that's not in the script let's reset and take 2"

Also Coates try on Saturday is why the scrum is still useful... having 6 defenders creates opportunities to attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Brocko
  • leon.bott
  • Bucking Beads
  • RolledOates
  • Browny
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Johnny92
  • HarryAllan7
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • davidp
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncosAlways
  • Financeguy
  • BruiserMk1
  • Culhwch
  • Fozz
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.