NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely agree.

Leilua was 100% a double movement and was disgusting to see that given, especially considering Hosking's being such a point of contention a couple of weeks earlier.

Same old story of NRL being like "oopsies" but it changes nothing. Cowboys kissed on the penisi.

Like we keep saying, it is hard to believe it's incompetence when the favour always falls to certain teams.

He basically said that as a 12 year old child, Salmon was a coward and a dog. Now I'm about as far from a snowflake as you'll get but how anyone could be okay with that I have no idea.

Going by reports I've heard, Ricky has an autistic daughter and Salmon bullied her repeatedly.

If it's true, weak gutted dog is pretty spot on.

Ricky Stuart has been officially fined $25k and suspended from all Raiders activities for 1 full week

NRL Statement

“The National Rugby League (NRL) today issued Canberra Raiders Head Coach Ricky Stuart with a breach notice after comments directed towards Penrith Panthers Player Jaeman Salmon,” the NRL released in a statement.

“The Breach Notice proposes a fine for Stuart of $25,000 and a suspension from all club activities with the Canberra Raiders for one full week commencing 4pm today (Tuesday, 9 August).

“The period of suspension prohibits Stuart from performing any duties as Head Coach of the Raiders, including attendance at team or individual training or coaching sessions or the Raiders’ facilities. Furthermore, he cannot provide instruction or direction to the team, individual players or Club Officials during the period of suspension including before, during or after any matches within this period.

“Stuart will be unable to return to coaching duties until 4pm on Tuesday, 16 August.

“The NRL will now work with both clubs to ensure the wellbeing of the individuals concerned.”

Going by reports I've heard, Ricky has an autistic daughter and Salmon bullied her repeatedly.

If it's true, weak gutted dog is pretty spot on.
I have heard the same and if what I have heard is true Salmon should feel lucky that is all Ricky said. 12 year old or not is no excuse.

Oh look at that, Abdo actually does something.

Controversies around inconsistencies- nope.
A team is robbed of two competition points - nope.
Comments around trade deadlines - nope.
Issues with the Dolphins - nope.
Controversy around the grand final location - nope.
Handling anything of importance- nope.

But the most obvious fine and suspension of all time - there he is!

Oh look at that, Abdo actually does something.

Controversies around inconsistencies- nope.
A team is robbed of two competition points - nope.
Comments around trade deadlines - nope.
Issues with the Dolphins - nope.
Controversy around the grand final location - nope.
Handling anything of importance- nope.

But the most obvious fine and suspension of all time - there he is!
He is clearly good at shirking. Obviously an intelligent guy and able to convince people that he is doing what he has to do. Watch that video with him and Gould about the Finucane head clash and the very last comment is so funny with how Gould answers him before it cuts away.

Classic having Gould (also very good at convincing people he is always right, when he actually isn't) and Abdo having a debate.

He is clearly good at shirking. Obviously an intelligent guy and able to convince people that he is doing what he has to do. Watch that video with him and Gould about the Finucane head clash and the very last comment is so funny with how Gould answers him before it cuts away.

Classic having Gould (also very good at convincing people he is always right, when he actually isn't) and Abdo having a debate.
Abdo’s background a lawyer by any chance? 😂

Tommorow Daily Telegraph is going to release a new top 100 NRL salary list, a new number 1 as well which I assume is Ponga.

Would be interested to see how many we have in that list.

100 to 51 is out today. There are some overpaid players who should be thanking their managers.

Must be tough for tigers fans watching Naufoloma gushing over the storm in the post game interview.

Basically said he wasn’t enjoying his footy, was worn down by not playing finals for 10 years, but is working hard again now he’s at Melbourne. Asked if he wants to extend at the storm he giggled like a school girl and said No Comment

Must be tough for tigers fans watching Naufoloma gushing over the storm in the post game interview.

Basically said he wasn’t enjoying his footy, was worn down by not playing finals for 10 years, but is working hard again now he’s at Melbourne. Asked if he wants to extend at the storm he giggled like a school girl and said No Comment

Stupid question really

He goes from a club that hasn't played finals for as long as I can remember to a team that rarely misses the top 4

Stupid question really

He goes from a club that hasn't played finals for as long as I can remember to a team that rarely misses the top 4
Yeah for sure. But he handled it with no tact at all. None of the expected - “it’s a great experience for me but the tigers have done a lot for me over the years” or some other cheap deflection.

It’s just jarring sometimes when players don’t stick to the script. I don’t even blame him but tigers fans will be feeling a bit cucked watching that lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Footy Fanatic
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • Bish
  • Bucking Beads
  • Morkel
  • FACTHUNT
  • Galah
  • Old Mate
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Manofoneway
  • The True King
  • Sproj
  • Battler
  • Mr Fourex
  • Broncosgirl
  • ivanhungryjak
  • MasterWright
  • broncos4life
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.