NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Join me with the now very rich AFL following guys. If I didn’t love the Broncos, the NRL would be dead to me, for other sides it already is. I won’t be watching a single final and not in protest like last year, simply because I’m not interested. The AFL is better at everything, absolutely everything and I’d rather support a comp that actually genuinely tries to be competent and fair even if they make mistakes, this is far preferable to competition sponsored corruption and favouritism.
Sorry mate but I would rather watch paint dry than watch a minute of the national embarrassment that is a game of AFL.

Join me with the now very rich AFL following guys. If I didn’t love the Broncos, the NRL would be dead to me, for other sides it already is. I won’t be watching a single final and not in protest like last year, simply because I’m not interested. The AFL is better at everything, absolutely everything and I’d rather support a comp that actually genuinely tries to be competent and fair even if they make mistakes, this is far preferable to competition sponsored corruption and favouritism.
see ya then.

I'd rather shit a pine cone

I like you @Sproj, I really do👍

When you talk this afl shit though....

**** Off
🖕🖕🖕🖕

There's a vomit-worthy piece on News claiming that NAS is being unfairly targeted just because he is big. Tries to downplay his shit that even though he has copped 5 charges he hasn't even been suspended for a single week (implying that he is being reported for nothing incidents and has done nothing wrong). It might as well have been written by a Storm PR guy. Oh and the Storm players don't actually try to hurt people, they are just following the trend of teams slowing down play-the-balls.

Its all good. Nathan says there is nothing to worry about, Taylan is a good kid.
Yeah that was a terrible look. The entitlement bled out of the words on the page FFS. And Luai talking about how "we have to watch what we do out there in the public", I think I vomited in my mouth a little. Yep, you highly paid superstars have got to watch your back when mixing with the plebs hey.

PLOT TWIST!! It's actually the PUNTERS who need to watch their back around the "great kid" May in case he comes up behind you and assaults you. Could these fuckwits be any more tone deaf?

Kent said on NRL 360 that he spoke to Vlandys, and Vlandy's told him the decision to delay the suspension for May, was driven by him.

apparently, Vlandys reasoning was that in racing, if a jockey gets suspended, they are permitted to finish out the carnival before serving it

Yeah that was a terrible look. The entitlement bled out of the words on the page FFS. And Luai talking about how "we have to watch what we do out there in the public", I think I vomited in my mouth a little. Yep, you highly paid superstars have got to watch your back when mixing with the plebs hey.

PLOT TWIST!! It's actually the PUNTERS who need to watch their back around the "great kid" May in case he comes up behind you and assaults you. Could these fuckwits be any more tone deaf?

How would they know any different? Everyone around them is kissing their dicks, telling how they are all such great blokes. Everytime one makes a douche move there are apologists out there making up excuses, they are never held accountable. It's just the bad world out to get them, that's all.

Kent said on NRL 360 that he spoke to Vlandys, and Vlandy's told him the decision to delay the suspension for May, was driven by him.

apparently, Vlandys reasoning was that in racing, if a jockey gets suspended, they are permitted to finish out the carnival before serving it

Sweet, so all suspensions season-wide are now to be served at the start of the next season? **** yes, if you have a bloke off to another club next year, let them loose.

This fuckwit doesn't even realise how dumb his reasoning is.

How would they know any different? Everyone around them is kissing their dicks, telling how they are all such great blokes. Everytime one makes a douche move there are apologists out there making up excuses, they are never held accountable. It's just the bad world out to get them, that's all.
I know, I know, it just messes with my head. The clubs employ media people to control the narrative though, surely they can see this isn't great? Though, it's the Panthers, the boyz came through the grades together don't'cha know, the boyz. No-one seems to give a flying **** how arrogant that club is at the moment. Hope the fuckers get knocked out of the finals in straight sets and Cleary gets a dislocated chin. Luai can get a straightened hair follicle.

I'd rather shit a pine cone
Yep, though I agree the AFL runs a more professional organisation.

I've been living in WA now for 13 years and I still can't get into aussie rules, the skill set just isn't there, also imagine getting a point for missing and not being able to kick off both feet when that is a major part of the code.
Fumble ball no thanks.

Abdo as cuck as ever. He'd resign if he had any dignity, I've never seen a more useless CEO. Does he actually do anything?

The guy is a yes man and can only do what he’s told to do. He’s useless so he fits right in. You can be sure though that when he does turn up to whatever pointless announcement he turns up to, he’s coming armed with useless stats.

The AFL can **** off. Half of the bullshit that is going on with League is the direct result of the NRL trying to compete with that fraud of a code.
Says even more about the NRL and its handling. I love the Broncos, but now having played AFL and learnt the game, it's definitely not the same level of quality as good NRL, but I can't honestly say that good NRL exists anymore. The 6-agains have ruined it. Fans are more inclined to enjoy a game where their team gets the calls, but I'd love to watch the game again without 6-agains. The difference would be remarkable. I'm sure.

Furthermore, I can't see what they do to Flegler as anything other than bullying. He's targeted for no reason now. It's disgusting and it will ruin his career.

These things alone, only exacerbate the poor running of a code that is reactionary, inconsistent and incompetent in its implementation of rules.

At least AFL is relatively simple and many rule changes don't serve to completely alter the game. Tackles in AFL aren't completely fundamental and are mostly pressure, not like NRL; standing the mark, well, that's just to take out the silly-buggery, and it will speed the game. It's not the better sport, but at least it is still watchable and maybe having less emotional investment in it makes it less likely to ruin a weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Aldo
  • FACTHUNT
  • Strop
  • Manlyman
  • mrslong
  • I bleed Maroon
  • davidp
  • Jazza
  • Broncorob
  • TimWhatley
  • broncsgoat
  • Wolfie
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  • Organix
  • Johnny92
  • Manofoneway
  • Horseheadsup
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.