NRL General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

My favourite part of the article is the tweet inside it that links to… the same article.

But seriously, at this point just make everything a 7 tackle set. Or, play it like half court basketball. Every handover starts from halfway, so every set is attacking. Or, have unlimited tackles, and let players compete for possession at the breakdown.

My favourite part of the article is the tweet inside it that links to… the same article.

But seriously, at this point just make everything a 7 tackle set. Or, play it like half court basketball. Every handover starts from halfway, so every set is attacking. Or, have unlimited tackles, and let players compete for possession at the breakdown.

Just go full on NFL but change it so that there is no defensive team at all.

Brisbane Fire Jets. Going down in a flaming wreckage, just like PVL and his fucked up new sport 'Rugba Leeg'.

Until the 6 again bullshit came in, the 7 tackle restart was the worst rule in the sport. The NRL is already unwatchable for the most part. Every 'good game' we've seen this year are the games where the new rules affect them the least.

I used to watch most games every weekend, but I can't remember watching many neutral games over the last two years because of the rule changes. My love for the Broncos is the only thing that keeps me interested in the comp as a whole.

The sooner these fucktards are removed the better.

Can you believe the f**king morons that are operating this competition right now. It is simply unbelievable how stupid they are.
Judging by the way they’re enforcing the high contact rule tonight, it’s completely believable. Flip of the coin.

I still cant find any value in 1 team coming in maybe player welfare giving a bye to all sides on top of the one from the split round

Player welfare? You think that is the biggest priority of the NRL, and is why they are moving heaven & earth to fasttrack a 17th team?

Hardly. Stay tuned for NRL³.
7 normal games, one super mega game played on a triangular field, featuring 3 teams and 2 footballs. The future is now.

Player welfare? You think that is the biggest priority of the NRL, and is why they are moving heaven & earth to fasttrack a 17th team?

Hardly. Stay tuned for NRL³.
7 normal games, one super mega game played on a triangular field, featuring 3 teams and 2 footballs. The future is now.
well given the over reaction with the high shots this year maybe?

This was supposed to be trialled in the Bulldogs vs Tigers game next week ... According to the SMH, the NRL have not canned this trial after a visceral reaction on social media and concerns from key stakeholders.

DCE says:

“I was very intrigued to know how that would work because there are so many different options that come off a kick,” Cherry-Evans told the Herald.

“For example, the long 40-20 kicks that might be a couple of inches off. It might be an attacking cross-field kick that might have gone wrong. There are so many variables to determine what is a deliberate kick out.

“That’s before you mention what I think is a pretty important area of our game and that is the craft of playing halfback. It’s about putting the ball out when you need it to go out or keeping it in when you need it to stay in.

“We’d probably be taking away from that.”

Christian Welch, who is on the Rugby League Players Association says:

“Please just leave our game alone,” Welch posted on Twitter.

“The tension, grind, pressure & game management almost already gone. Would love the commission for less gimmicking with the rules & more focus on bigger picture strategy.”

Trent Barrett says:

“I just think we should leave the game alone,” Barrett said.

“It’s quick enough, we’re getting a lot of lopsided scores as it is with huge amounts of possession going to one team in certain periods of the game.

“Games are getting put away in 5-10 minute periods. I think that would only exaggerate that outcome. I don’t see why ... we have to change everything all the time.

“We’ve had a really good product - or we had one. I thought the game was really good last year.”

Anthony Griffin says:

“We’ve had too many over a short period of time in the past two years, you start to lose the identity of your game. That’s the first thing I would say,” Griffin said.

“The other thing is I don’t agree with it. I think too many times the attack gets rewarded without really earning that in our game. To give teams down their end of the field seven tackles to get out of their own end when someone kicks it into touch, I don’t see the balance in that.”

Peter Sterling says:

“We’ve had more rule changes in the last 10 years than we have over the previous 100,” Sterling said.
“I think we should address the imbalance between attack and defence towards the defensive team a bit more, not add to their burden.

“That’s why we get so many blowout scores, because teams take full advantage of that. I love Junior [Pearce], but this probably wouldn’t get a thumbs-up from me.”

RLPA chief executive Clint Newton says:

“It’s my understanding that there is no rule that is going to be introduced or trialled next weekend,” Newton said.

“The NRL have given commitments that no more rules will be trialled or introduced until the end of the season.

“But the NRL also knows the firm belief and sentiment among the playing group that when there is a review of any items on-field that impact the players, we have made a formal submission that players want to be at the table.”

Souths’ left side attack vs right side attack
338B4154 C400 433A 865A 35CDF0FA19DD

This was supposed to be trialled in the Bulldogs vs Tigers game next week ... According to the SMH, the NRL have not canned this trial after a visceral reaction on social media and concerns from key stakeholders.

DCE says:

“I was very intrigued to know how that would work because there are so many different options that come off a kick,” Cherry-Evans told the Herald.

“For example, the long 40-20 kicks that might be a couple of inches off. It might be an attacking cross-field kick that might have gone wrong. There are so many variables to determine what is a deliberate kick out.

“That’s before you mention what I think is a pretty important area of our game and that is the craft of playing halfback. It’s about putting the ball out when you need it to go out or keeping it in when you need it to stay in.

“The tension, grind, pressure & game management almost already gone. Would love the commission for less gimmicking with the rules & more focus on bigger picture strategy.”

Trent Barrett says:

“It’s quick enough, we’re getting a lot of lopsided scores as it is with huge amounts of possession going to one team in certain periods of the game.

“Games are getting put away in 5-10 minute periods. I think that would only exaggerate that outcome. I don’t see why ... we have to change everything all the time.

“We’ve had a really good product - or we had one. I thought the game was really good last year.”

Anthony Griffin says:

“We’ve had too many over a short period of time in the past two years, you start to lose the identity of your game. That’s the first thing I would say,” Griffin said.

“The other thing is I don’t agree with it. I think too many times the attack gets rewarded without really earning that in our game. To give teams down their end of the field seven tackles to get out of their own end when someone kicks it into touch, I don’t see the balance in that.”

Peter Sterling says:

“We’ve had more rule changes in the last 10 years than we have over the previous 100,” Sterling said.
“I think we should address the imbalance between attack and defence towards the defensive team a bit more, not add to their burden.

“That’s why we get so many blowout scores, because teams take full advantage of that. I love Junior [Pearce], but this probably wouldn’t get a thumbs-up from me.”

“It’s my understanding that there is no rule that is going to be introduced or trialled next weekend,” Newton said.

“The NRL have given commitments that no more rules will be trialled or introduced until the end of the season.

“But the NRL also knows the firm belief and sentiment among the playing group that when there is a review of any items on-field that impact the players, we have made a formal submission that players want to be at the table.”
Pearce should be dumped from the commission for coming up with this crap.

It's taken 99% of the NRL community all of 1 minute to realise how stupid the rule would be.

He's got no fucking idea and shouldn't be in charge of anything

DCE says:

Trent Barrett says:

Anthony Griffin says:

Peter Sterling says:

What an absolute embarrassment once again for this totally incompetent regime. This farce could have all been avoided if they did what they said they would do and actually consult people before pulling these stupid ideas from their butts.

Also, Welch man, bring that guy to the Broncos, a smart front rower is a rarity indeed and he just always makes sense every time I see him speak.

What an absolute embarrassment once again for this totally incompetent regime. This farce could have all been avoided if they did what they said they would do and actually consult people before pulling these stupid ideas from their butts.

Also, Welch man, bring that guy to the Broncos, a smart front rower is a rarity indeed and he just always makes sense every time I see him speak.
Yep, Welch is a legend. A Storm player I actually like, despite the gross jersey he wears.

Get him on the fucking commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Swordfish
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Midean
  • Skyblues87
  • Hurrijo
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Bongo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.