NRL independent commission moves to block Queensland's State of Origin selection rort

"Too bad they can't be backdated"

Yeah, this guy is totally unbiased.

Maybe he wants to wipe Sterlo's origin career from the books?

Re: NRL independent commission moves to block Queensland's State of Origin selection

Rothfield has never been one to hide his allegiance to the dark side :rolleyes:

Re: NRL independent commission moves to block Queensland's State of Origin selection

"As part of the culture, I've only wanted players who want to wear the Blues jersey anyway but this makes it easier because it's all there in black and white."

The problem is, players don't want to wear the Blues jersey.

Looks like there will be a mad dash to QLD, when women go into labour.

awesome, now players who aren't real queenslanders like Inglis won't be playing for us anymore

It's not backdated.

He starts by saying that QLD have been rorting the system ... the goes on to say that with the wording there is "grey area" and "its ambiguous" Rothfield is a joke of a reporter. under the new rules some of the guys that NSW have selected in the past would NOT be eligible for NSW. Ken Negas for one and most likely Peter Sterling, but nothing is ever mentioned about those players is there? why because NSW benefited, thats why.

I bought the SMH yesterday instead of the telegraph. It was nice to read a real newspaper, where the opinions are kept in the opinion columns.

Is there a link that contains the actual rules.

I'm in support of this as how QLD are recruiting Kiwis to join you is weakening the test arena. Soon nobody would want to play for NZ and Australia will become unbeatable again. Not starting a rules debate but remember Sterling was born in Toowoomba, at the age of 2 his family moved to Wagga NSW where he was raised and played juniors and seniors there and was graded at farfield high, this is nothing compared to Tasi and Taulomolo. Not starting a debate and no negative replies please.

Lololol, kiwis, eh? Guess that excludes Mateo and Uate.

So Willie Mason wouldn't have played for NSW.

So would that mean both Hoffman and Beale would be unable to play for the kiwis??

Uate is fijian and was graded in Newcastle, mateo is Sydney born and breed with Tongan heritage.

Uate is Fijian and was graded in Newcastle. Mateo is NSW born and bred and has Tongan heritage.

Sorry I posted that twice.

I stopped reading when I saw Rort in the title.

Does this affect Taumololo's Queensland eligibity at all?

Active Now

• Thelmus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.