NRL Injury Discussion - 2020

I bleed Maroon

State of Origin Captain
Yeah I'd say he's done. When you can't even get through a routine training session without blowing your ACL, I mean crikey. The Titans will seek a medical exception on his contract because they really don't have time to be waiting around.

People will hate to hear it, but at this point it really wouldn't surprise me if we saw David Fifita in a Titans jersey from 2021 onwards.

Last edited:

BroncsFan

NRL Player
Yeah I'd say he's done. When you can't even get through a routine training session without blowing your ACL, I mean crikey. The Titans will seek a medical exception on his contract because they really don't have time to be waiting around.

People will hate to hear it, but at this point it really wouldn't surprise me if we saw David Fifita in a Titans jersey from 2021 onwards.
What kind of medical exemption could they get??

It's reoccurrence of an existing injury, therefore can't get medical retirement and it didn't happen during a rep game so they can't get salary cap relief in the same way raiders could with Hodgson a few years back.

They're also not the rabbits so there's that as well

Bongo

QCup Player
I think there should be an injury replacement system under the cap. Especially if before round 1.

Unbreakable

International Rep
Staff
🌏
Just read that Ryan James tore his ACL, MCL, meniscus and fractured his fibula in that training incident last week, bloody hell, what happened to the poor bloke?!?!

Sounds like he got hit by a truck

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Just read that Ryan James tore his ACL, MCL, meniscus and fractured his fibula in that training incident last week, bloody hell, what happened to the poor bloke?!?!

Well Payne Haas hurt his ankle. Could it explain what happened.

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane

Fucking hell, poor ****.

He deserves to be in the NSW squad but he just keeps copping blow after blow and this to top it all off, I hope the Titans give him plenty of support during this because I imagine he will be down in the dumps over this.

Alec

International Rep
Fucking hell, poor ****.

He deserves to be in the NSW squad but he just keeps copping blow after blow and this to top it all off, I hope the Titans give him plenty of support during this because I imagine he will be down in the dumps over this.
Does he really deserve to be in the squad? He'd be the Jarrod Wallace of NSW IMO.

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
reports are that McInnes injured his medial ligament in the nines GF and could be out for up to 12 weeks

soup

State of Origin Rep
T’ba
My guess is Isaac Luke will be the front runner

on a another note .... who really cares about the result of the nines ... we got the best result, i.e. no injuries
Yeah he will, just thinking about the rotation. Luke for 80mins is a massive liability. Wonder if he’ll take the GK off Lomax?

john1420

NRL Player
My guess is Isaac Luke will be the front runner

on a another note .... who really cares about the result of the nines ... we got the best result, i.e. no injuries
We also got the other best result of the 9's.....we beat Melbourne.
Now I know they didn't send a strong team, and I know it's only the 9's, but fair dinkum I'd be wrapped at beating the Storm at bingo down at the local RSL 😁

Wolfie

State of Origin Captain
We are going to need Haas, Flegler, Joffa and Carrigan to step up another level now. Cant see us going to the market to cover the loss.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.