NRL Injury Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waqa Blake out for a month.

Ankle syndesmosis injury.

Russell Packer out for a month.

Alex Twal will take his place. I actually forgot about Twal when news of Packer's injury first broke. I thought the Tigers would suffer with Packer's loss but Twal is a quality prop.

I guess the only thing is that they lose his impact off the bench.

This poor bloke

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/04/19/10/05/the-mole-tautau-moga-nrl-unluckiest-player

Rugby league’s unluckiest player Tautau Moga will make rugby league history in the most unwanted of ways tomorrow.
The Newcastle centre will undergo reconstructions of both his knees in what is believed to be a rugby league first.
"I’ve never heard of something like this - poor bloke," league historian David Middleton told Wide World of Sports.
The dual operations must cast some doubt over the 24-year-old’s career but the Knights are confident he will fully recover in time for next season.
It has been extensively reported that Moga tore the ACL in his right knee against the Dragons earlier this month and was out for the year.
But Wide World of Sports has learned that the Knights tested Moga’s left knee - which has been reconstructed three times in his injury-plagued career - and found it also needs major surgery.
Moga suffered the injury nearly three weeks ago but surgeons have been unable to operate until the swelling went down.
He goes under the knife tomorrow - and then begins the long road back to paying football again in 2019.

Goodness me, poor guy.

Has anyone come back from 4 knee reconstructions on the same knee before they are 25? He is going to be lucky to be able to walk after he is 30.

Moga is farked. Two recons at the same time. You need the stability of the good leg to fix the bad one in the early phases

Josh Mansour possibly out for the season.

The fracture turned out to be worse than they thought. Best case scenario is 3 months. If a bone graft is needed, that adds on another 2 months which is the season right there.

I'm glad we didn't keep Moga. It felt like it was just a matter of time. I kinda feel the same with Kahu, though he feels luckier now. It's like his body tries to get other parts injured instead of the knee.

Jesse Bromwich out for up to a month.

Possibly out for 3 months, maybe the season.

There goes the Knights season..

Scans have confirmed Pearce ruptured his pectoral muscle.

He is out for 4 months.

It's reported that Isaac Luke will be out for 6 weeks.

Confirmed torn ACL for Lachlan Croker.

Barrett is considering recalling Jackson Hastings to the side.

If Barrett recalls Hastings, Barrett can kiss his job goodbye. DCE will white-and him for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Brotherdu
  • Wolfie
  • Ejbroncos
  • Bish
  • Tim K
  • Fatboy
  • Santa
  • broncsgoat
  • TimWhatley
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.