NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isaiah Papali’i has rejected Parramatta's 2 year extension offer. The Eels are reportedly willing to upgrade his $200k contract to $275k next year before his extension offer would kick in for 2023. the Eels are not willing to budge on their $425k a season offer as part of a two-year extension for 2023 and 2024.

The Tigers are reportedly prepared to offer him $600k a season.

Adam Hartigan was reportedly manoeuvring behind the scenes for weeks trying to convince Papali’i that the Wests Tigers and coach Michael Maguire were worth taking a chance on.

Did anyone think MO's work like that? I was always of the belief that BOTH parties have to agree, not either could activate it.

Something is seriously shady if Grant agrees to the extra year without re-negotiating but apparently Melbourne can exercise it without his approval.

I thought the same as you.

I read an article saying this was a "unique" clause

Isaiah Papali’i has rejected Parramatta's 2 year extension offer. The Eels are reportedly willing to upgrade his $200k contract to $275k next year before his extension offer would kick in for 2023. the Eels are not willing to budge on their $425k a season offer as part of a two-year extension for 2023 and 2024.

Adam Hartigan was reportedly manoeuvring behind the scenes for weeks trying to convince Papali’i that the Wests Tigers and coach Michael Maguire were worth taking a chance on.

Of course the Tigers are. I know they're in the spot of having to pay overs to get people there, but I suppose Papali'i would be worth it for a change, provided he continues his Eels form and doesn't go back to his Warriors' self

He would be mad not to take that. He had a great season and if he can cash in that much on it, do it.

Did anyone think MO's work like that? I was always of the belief that BOTH parties have to agree, not either could activate it.

Something is seriously shady if Grant agrees to the extra year without re-negotiating but apparently Melbourne can exercise it without his approval.

Its a bit odd, but i'd say if its in the contract it would be at the rate he signed the contract at initially. Its a really weird clause though.

Its a bit odd, but i'd say if its in the contract it would be at the rate he signed the contract at initially. Its a really weird clause though.

The only thing I can think of is in 2019 when he signed it, he didn't know how much more ISC he was going to play and how long Smith was going to play. They may have said the last year if it gets close and the old man Smith hasn't left yet and we both agree you can leave or both agree you can stay.

The only thing I can think of is in 2019 when he signed it, he didn't know how much more ISC he was going to play and how long Smith was going to play. They may have said the last year if it gets close and the old man Smith hasn't left yet and we both agree you can leave or both agree you can stay.
So why wouldn’t he just sign a one year shorter contract on normal terms?

Cody Walker has signed a 1 year extension with Souths for 600k. now locked up until the end of 2023

Cody Walker has signed a 1 year extension with Souths for 600k. now locked up until the end of 2023
That's pretty good for Souffs, he's had probably his best year and I'd say was just as important as Reynolds for getting them into the Grand Final.

That's pretty good for Souffs, he's had probably his best year and I'd say was just as important as Reynolds for getting them into the Grand Final.

The big test will be if he can do what he did without the game management of ARey.

Souths need to avoid making the same mistake with Walker that we did with Milford

The big test will be if he can do what he did without the game management of ARey.

Souths need to avoid making the same mistake with Walker that we did with Milford
They’ve already literally made the mistake we did with Milford lol

the silly season has kicked off ... some reports from Brent Read/Phil Rothfield:

3 clubs have tabled an official offer to Brandon Smith (the Titans among them); 3 more clubs have expressed and interest and are set to table an offer in the coming days. he has already received a $1 million per season offer (club not revealed)

Joey Manu is set to turn his back a multi-million dollar offer from the Warriors to re-sign with the Roosters costing himself around 500k. this despite media reports over the weekend that the Roosters would struggle to keep him since he wants to play either fullback of 5/8 (maybe Uncle Nick wasn't happy about those reports)

A handful of clubs formally expressed an interest in Penrith hooker Api Koroisau;

Latrell Mitchell’s brother Shaquai started a train-and-trial deal with the Rabbitohs.

Talks continued between Catalans and representatives for Mitchell Pearce over his mooted move to the south of France

the silly season has kicked off ... some reports from Brent Read/Phil Rothfield:

3 clubs have tabled an official offer to Brandon Smith (the Titans among them); 3 more clubs have expressed and interest and are set to table an offer in the coming days. he has already received a $1 million per season offer (club not revealed)

Joey Manu is set to turn his back a multi-million dollar offer from the Warriors to re-sign with the Roosters costing himself around 500k. this despite media reports over the weekend that the Roosters would struggle to keep him since he wants to play either fullback of 5/8 (maybe Uncle Nick wasn't happy about those reports)

A handful of clubs formally expressed an interest in Penrith hooker Api Koroisau;

Latrell Mitchell’s brother Shaquai started a train-and-trial deal with the Rabbitohs.

Talks continued between Catalans and representatives for Mitchell Pearce over his mooted move to the south of France
Not sure if you’ve ever seen Shaquai but he doesn’t look like a fan of training

I hope we are one of those clubs having a word with Api, he'd be the perfect stop gap while Paix is introduced or Mozer comes on faster than expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mr Fourex
  • RolledOates
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • bert_lifts
  • The True King
  • I bleed Maroon
  • LittleDavey
  • Aldo
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncotville
  • Old Mate
  • the_next
  • BruiserMk1
  • johnny plath
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Financeguy
  • Jazza
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.