NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a stock standard player option to me.

Jayden Campbell reportedly has a clause in his contract that allows him to leave the Titans in 2023 if he strikes a deal with another club and there are a number of clubs interested in him.

Quite bizarre the Titans would include that clause... Some of their recruitment decisions have been very questionable.
I think it's because he's still on a pittance this contract.

They desperately need to upgrade that contract if a clause like that exists... but maybe they can't due to deals like Fifita's, etc.

I would not be surprised to see Fifita at a different club next year. He’s been a disaster for them and they need his money now.

I would not be surprised to see Fifita at a different club next year. He’s been a disaster for them and they need his money now.
Where would he play "comfortable" footy?

Tigers, Bulldogs maybe
Donald Duck Money GIF

Wayne will fix him

@Aldo This is the one I was mainly thinking. He'd get to stay in Qld and while there will be denials, Wayne will be desperate to get a Milford and a Fifita to claim they are an attractive club, have pulling power and can 'fix' players still. I wouldn't be surprised if James Roberts ends up there as a result too and TPJ, though the issue for him is he would have to take a hair cut with his salary.

@Aldo This is the one I was mainly thinking. He'd get to stay in Qld and while there will be denials, Wayne will be desperate to get a Milford and a Fifita to claim they are an attractive club, have pulling power and can 'fix' players still. I wouldn't be surprised if James Roberts ends up there as a result too and TPJ, though the issue for him is he would have to take a hair cut with his salary.

How long is TPJ contracted at the Bulldogs? We wouldn't be the first player they release and have to hold a high amount on their cap for them to play elsewhere.

But you're right, I didn't think of Roberts, I am still a "fan" of sorts in that I wish him to be the best he can be, because he is a great talent, but it's at the point where, if he hasn't cleaned his life up yet, he probably won't, but will be very tempting for Bennett seeing as he'll certainly be cheap.

TPJ, Roberts, Fifita, Milford. Who else can we add to the list of potential Bennett Redemption stories? These are almost Titans signings, Hurrell fits in really well. What's Jamal Idris up to these days?

I'm thinking maybe he waits another couple of months and then joins either the Panthers, Storm or Roosters for a lazy 200K and a shot at a premiership a la TPJ.

Or a Maloney to Roosters scenario where they somehow find a loophole to pay him in advance while he is still playing for another team and it therefore doesn't impact the cap. Hello Dolphins?

Not sure if it has mentioned but the Warriors have released Euan Aitken to the Dolphins for next year.

This is a real handy pick up for the Dolphins.
Definitely rate Aitken, excellent pickup probably good value too. Only 26 so he can be a long term player for them.

Apparently we've knocked him back about a return to Red Hill? Only saw a snippet of something on the news this morning about it, didn't catch the full story.

If we could get Fifita for 700 but titans had to pay 4-500 would that be worth it? Would that leave us paying only 2-300 or does it not work that way? must his 1.2 be honoured if he wants to leave the tits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• the_next
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • peter09
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Fozz
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Dash
  • The True King
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.