NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we could get Fifita for 700 but titans had to pay 4-500 would that be worth it? Would that leave us paying only 2-300 or does it not work that way? must his 1.2 be honoured if he wants to leave the tits?

At the end of the day, we've moved on. 700k is too much for us on the cap. If we pay 500k and GC make up the difference, than we enter the chat.

At the end of the day, we've moved on. 700k is too much for us on the cap. If we pay 500k and GC make up the difference, than we enter the chat.
So the 1.2 must be honoured?

yeah, unless the titans and him agreed to a complete release. Don't see why Fifita would agree to that. But could see the titans going yeah we'll foot 500k if it means we have 700k to spend on the spine.

yeah, unless the titans and him agreed to a complete release. Don't see why Fifita would agree to that. But could see the titans going yeah we'll foot 500k if it means we have 700k to spend on the spine.

That said, isn't he supposedly on under a million in year 3?

That said I really can’t see a palatable deal for us…..unless tits really want him gone.

This article explains why Lodge walked from the Warriors. TLDR Basically sent Brown a text saying wasn't going to play last week's game and basically said to get fucked and decided to quit with no club lined up
But the Warriors are still paying his 700k salary for the remainder of this season and next, for some bizarre reason. He might be the games highest paid player in 2023 if he picks up another deal lmao

But the Warriors are still paying his 700k salary for the remainder of this season and next, for some bizarre reason. He might be the games highest paid player in 2023 if he picks up another deal lmao

If this article is true, surely the Warriors would have grounds to sue. And also surely, there has to be a better way to go about this. A player saying I want out now and don't want to play for you but also want my money and getting it sets a dangerous precedent.

If this article is true, surely the Warriors would have grounds to sue. And also surely, there has to be a better way to go about this. A player saying I want out now and don't want to play for you but also want my money and getting it sets a dangerous precedent.
I'm subjecting myself to NRL 360 tonight and it kinda sounds like it's the Warriors decision, but the club won't give their reasoning.

Lodge has to be the player paid the most to leave clubs. We paid him out a fortune too. The guy has got hundreds and hundreds of thousands to leave between us and the Warriors. Who would possibly be desperate enough to sign him.

Lodge has to be the player paid the most to leave clubs. We paid him out a fortune too. The guy has got hundreds and hundreds of thousands to leave between us and the Warriors. Who would possibly be desperate enough to sign him.
The Dolphins due to Wayne and his father in law Peter O'Sullivan is head of recruitment and been rumours for long time he will go wherever his father in law goes that's why we got rid of him in the first place due to his toxic influence

Here is what the Warriors Owner, Mark Robinson said about the Lodge exit:

“We had an argument in a hotel, two alpha males in a pub last December,” Robinson said.

“Two days later we shook hands and moved on but it never came right.

“Plus he didn’t want to come back to New Zealand next year.

“He was unhappy so I bought him out of his option for next year and we parted ways.

“He didn’t like the club and he obviously didn’t like playing for Mark Robinson.

“I got over it, but I can’t answer for Matt Lodge.

“The argument was man on man. Then on Monday morning I didn’t think there was anything wrong.

“Then he came in and spoke to Cameron (George, Warriors CEO) and we moved forward.”

Asked what the row was about, Robinson said: “Just two men and attitude and whatever. It’s seven months ago.

“There’s no bad blood with Matt Lodge at all.

“It was a simple business transaction. He had an option for next season so he was entitled to a severance package, as would any employee out there who has a contract with their employer.

“Guys like Matt Lodge and Euan Aitken didn’t want to come back to New Zealand and that’s fine, it gives us a chance to focus on Kiwi youth and not flood the Australian market.

“It’s time to start giving our young Kiwi boys opportunities when we return home.”

Asked about Lodger playing rugby union in Brisbane

“I didn’t even know Matt Lodge played rugby until you told me,” Robinson said.

“If he is playing rugby to keep fit while he isn’t in the NRL, it doesn’t bother me because he is no longer contracted to us.”

Asked about the salary cap implications from the Lodge payout

“We have no issues with our salary cap. We have never been in trouble with our cap and we play by the rules, so paying out Matt doesn’t cause us a problem, because if it did, we wouldn’t have done it.

“We would have asked Matt to honour his deal, but because our cap is in such good shape, this is an opportunity to do the right thing by bringing through our younger Kiwi players who have missed two years of football with Covid.

“We have a number of young guys who haven’t been able to play football because of Covid, so it’s time to blood them now and give them a chance so we are a better chance of success next year.”

talks about the relocation to Australia

“I challenge any other club in the NRL to do what we have done over the past three years,” he fired.

“I’d like to see the Broncos or Manly move their operations to New Zealand and promote the game and see how long they last in the NRL? Tell the Broncos to live in Auckland for three years and let’s see how many players they have left.

“We have done a remarkable job promoting the game over here and keeping the NRL intact.

“I bought into this club to make the Warriors great and hopefully one day we can win a premiership. Rugby league is in my DNA.

“Rugby league people should be applauding the Warriors for what we have done the past three years, not attacking us at every opportunity.”

“It was a simple business transaction. He had an option for next season so he was entitled to a severance package, as would any employee out there who has a contract with their employer."

That is such bull. I have a contract with my employer. If I walk away and stop working, they will stop paying me.
If Lodge chooses to walk, he doesn't get paid.

Here is what the Warriors Owner, Mark Robinson said about the Lodge exit:

“We had an argument in a hotel, two alpha males in a pub last December,” Robinson said.

“Two days later we shook hands and moved on but it never came right.

“Plus he didn’t want to come back to New Zealand next year.

“He was unhappy so I bought him out of his option for next year and we parted ways.

“He didn’t like the club and he obviously didn’t like playing for Mark Robinson.

“I got over it, but I can’t answer for Matt Lodge.

“The argument was man on man. Then on Monday morning I didn’t think there was anything wrong.

“Then he came in and spoke to Cameron (George, Warriors CEO) and we moved forward.”

Asked what the row was about, Robinson said: “Just two men and attitude and whatever. It’s seven months ago.

“There’s no bad blood with Matt Lodge at all.

“It was a simple business transaction. He had an option for next season so he was entitled to a severance package, as would any employee out there who has a contract with their employer.

“Guys like Matt Lodge and Euan Aitken didn’t want to come back to New Zealand and that’s fine, it gives us a chance to focus on Kiwi youth and not flood the Australian market.

“It’s time to start giving our young Kiwi boys opportunities when we return home.”

Asked about Lodger playing rugby union in Brisbane

“I didn’t even know Matt Lodge played rugby until you told me,” Robinson said.

“If he is playing rugby to keep fit while he isn’t in the NRL, it doesn’t bother me because he is no longer contracted to us.”

Asked about the salary cap implications from the Lodge payout

“We have no issues with our salary cap. We have never been in trouble with our cap and we play by the rules, so paying out Matt doesn’t cause us a problem, because if it did, we wouldn’t have done it.

“We would have asked Matt to honour his deal, but because our cap is in such good shape, this is an opportunity to do the right thing by bringing through our younger Kiwi players who have missed two years of football with Covid.

“We have a number of young guys who haven’t been able to play football because of Covid, so it’s time to blood them now and give them a chance so we are a better chance of success next year.”

talks about the relocation to Australia

“I challenge any other club in the NRL to do what we have done over the past three years,” he fired.

“I’d like to see the Broncos or Manly move their operations to New Zealand and promote the game and see how long they last in the NRL? Tell the Broncos to live in Auckland for three years and let’s see how many players they have left.

“We have done a remarkable job promoting the game over here and keeping the NRL intact.

“I bought into this club to make the Warriors great and hopefully one day we can win a premiership. Rugby league is in my DNA.

“Rugby league people should be applauding the Warriors for what we have done the past three years, not attacking us at every opportunity.”
Personally, I feel we all owe the Warriors a debt of gratitude for the sacrifices they made to keep our comp going with minimal disruptions during Covid.

I still hate the twats for pinching Walsh though.

Haha - two alpha males - haha I bet he was scared out of his wits.

Also, how does that dude still have a job? He has to be stupidest administrator in the game, he's give Paul White a run for his money.

Personally, I feel we all owe the Warriors a debt of gratitude for the sacrifices they made to keep our comp going with minimal disruptions during Covid.

I still hate the twats for pinching Walsh though.
I feel we owe them more for making Matt Lodge their problem.

Why the shots fired at broncos though?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Sproj
  • Bish
  • Gympie devil
  • Johnny92
  • Tim K
  • Skathen
  • The Don
  • Waynesaurus
  • MrTickyMcG
  • BroncosAlways
  • Browny
  • Allo
  • Broncosgirl
  • I bleed Maroon
  • RolledOates
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Xzei
  • winslow_wong
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.