NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Per the CM:
'Kirwan, speaking on The Breakdown on New Zealand Sky television, suggested Tuivasa-Sheck had an offer on the table from the Sydney Roosters.

Roosters officials have understandably dismissed the claims given the club already has three handy fullbacks in their system — James Tedesco, Joey Manu and Joseph Suaalii.'

True to form when it comes to the Roosters - not one mention that accommodating yet another marquee player to their stockpile would be completely fanciful from a salary cap point view.. no, it's just the fact that they're well served for fullbacks. But they could have him if they needed him 😏
Three "handy" fullbacks.... handy as in the guy who's won 5 NSWRL player of the series and fullback of the year, centre of the year who runs 300m a game at fullback and winger of the year who played all his juniors at fullback and is 19.

Wouldnt mind if we had 1 handy player if that's the current criteria for handy

Per the CM:
'Kirwan, speaking on The Breakdown on New Zealand Sky television, suggested Tuivasa-Sheck had an offer on the table from the Sydney Roosters.

Roosters officials have understandably dismissed the claims given the club already has three handy fullbacks in their system — James Tedesco, Joey Manu and Joseph Suaalii.'

True to form when it comes to the Roosters - not one mention that accommodating yet another marquee player to their stockpile would be completely fanciful from a salary cap point view.. no, it's just the fact that they're well served for fullbacks. But they could have him if they needed him 😏

I reckon/told Dolphins have a real go at Roger if he's coming back Redcliffe have lots of links and money to get him.

Cows have apparently given the Hammer permission to negotiate with other clubs. Dolphins an expected front runner and willing to offer him starting fullback (lol at Isaako)

Cows have apparently given the Hammer permission to negotiate with other clubs. Dolphins an expected front runner and willing to offer him starting fullback (lol at Isaako)

Oh man, we should be on the phone asap. That guy is an absolute gun.

Hammer has a hell of a lot of ability, but my issue with him he is a bit too passive when he's played fullback. All the tools are there with him, he just needs to up his workrate.

I'd take him for a wing spot even.

don't get me wrong, i'd love a player of his talent ... but he's not leaving the Cowgirls to play wing (when he can get big money to play fullback at the The)

Brad Arthur has confirmed that Isaiah Papali’i will be joing the Tigers next year. Papalii still hasn't confirmed it himself yet though

Brad Arthur says

“Isaiah will be going to the Tigers,” Arthur said.

“He would have liked to have stayed but he has made his decision and he has too much integrity as a person to renege on his Tigers deal.

“He has made his commitment to them so that boat (Papali’i staying at Parramatta) has sailed.

“He is going and I wish him well.”

Isaiah Papali’i said:

“(Waiting to make a call) has worked for us. I’m definitely going to have to stick to that,” Papali’i said as he prepares for his maiden grand-final appearance.

“We are just focused on this year.

“I don’t want to be worrying about that (his Tigers contract) in the biggest week of my career to date.

“As soon as Sunday rolls over, I’m sure me and my agent will touch base as soon as we can.

“So we can stop all the questions.”

----

p.s. Isaiah, if you really want all the questions to stop you could have answered them months ago

Badel reporting that the Dragons have upped the ante and offered Hunt a 2 year extension worth 900k per season

Badel reporting that the Dragons have upped the ante and offered Hunt a 2 year extension worth 900k per season

That's about right you'd think. As in, to keep other clubs away.

Kinda a shame for him because i could see Todd Peyton turning him into a gun.

Brad Arthur has confirmed that Isaiah Papali’i will be joing the Tigers next year. Papalii still hasn't confirmed it himself yet though

Brad Arthur says

“Isaiah will be going to the Tigers,” Arthur said.

“He would have liked to have stayed but he has made his decision and he has too much integrity as a person to renege on his Tigers deal.

“He has made his commitment to them so that boat (Papali’i staying at Parramatta) has sailed.

“He is going and I wish him well.”

Isaiah Papali’i said:

“(Waiting to make a call) has worked for us. I’m definitely going to have to stick to that,” Papali’i said as he prepares for his maiden grand-final appearance.

“We are just focused on this year.

“I don’t want to be worrying about that (his Tigers contract) in the biggest week of my career to date.

“As soon as Sunday rolls over, I’m sure me and my agent will touch base as soon as we can.

“So we can stop all the questions.”

----

p.s. Isaiah, if you really want all the questions to stop you could have answered them months ago
Papalii is a real dickhead. Imagine BHQ if we signed him and he was pulling this shit 😂

I dont think they have the cap space to keep Hammer.
Yeah that's what I'm thinking.... they've bumped up Drinkwater and after the year he had you'd think it wouldve been a substantial upgrade.

Drinkwater will also have a mortgage on the number 1 as well now.

Theyll also need to make room for upgrades to Nanai and co as well.

Hence why the news of Tamou sounds a little bit like a McLean replacement.... who just had a career year and is looking for a new contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Strop
  • Manlyman
  • mrslong
  • I bleed Maroon
  • davidp
  • Jazza
  • Broncorob
  • TimWhatley
  • broncsgoat
  • Wolfie
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  • Organix
  • Johnny92
  • Manofoneway
  • Horseheadsup
  • Fitzy
  • Santa
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.