NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drinkwater has re-signed with the Cowboys ... likely ensuring Dearden stays in reserve grade for the next two years.

p.s. the Courier Mail need to get their stories straight ... says we were interested (as a fullback) but didn't table an offer due to salary cap restraints ... but in other article we are going after Moses for $1 million a season ... maybe we didn't have the cap space because we have signed either Reynolds or SJ 🤔

Drinkwater has re-signed with the Cowboys ... likely ensuring Dearden stays in reserve grade for the next two years.

p.s. the Courier Mail need to get their stories straight ... says we were interested (as a fullback) but didn't table an offer due to salary cap restraints ... but in other article we are going after Moses for $1 million a season ... maybe we didn't have the cap space because we have signed either Reynolds or SJ 🤔
So Tommy has been signed for depth because they had extra money from Morgan retiring. He could have been a Bronco for life you know! :rofl

Oh dear......poor Tommy, I can understand why we would only be looking at Drinkwater for fullback, his defence in the front line at 6 is woeful. He's been exposed there quite a bit.

Well might be time to go after hammer then

I would say the reason they let Marsters go was to squeeze a bit more money for Drinkwater.

So Tom or his manager complained at the start of the year about being in QCup, but then he goes and signs with cowboys to just sit behind Townsend and Drinkwater and get subbed in when the halves aren't playing well. Glad we lost him

So Tom or his manager complained at the start of the year about being in QCup, but then he goes and signs with cowboys to just sit behind Townsend and Drinkwater and get subbed in when the halves aren't playing well. Glad we lost him

funny thing is that if he had waited until a bit longer, there is a better than even chance that we would have partnered him with the senior half we are looking to sign and he would be playing NRL next year.

enjoy the ISC in Townsville Tommy :rofl

What's not so hilarious is at this stage for next year we only have one 'recognised' half signed, that being Croft.

I'm both a little underwhelmed and concerned with that I must admit.

Badel reporting Drinkwater has extended deal at the Cowboys for 2 years until 2023.

Apparently he met with Broncos officials last week but has decided to stay up north.

This from the Courier Mail article:

Badel reporting Drinkwater has extended deal at the Cowboys for 2 years until 2023.

Apparently he met with Broncos officials last week but has decided to stay up north.

This from the Courier Mail article:
View attachment 12798

How can we still have salary cap pressures? Sounds like we didn’t want him and likely didn’t even meet with him.

How can we still have salary cap pressures? Sounds like we didn’t want him and likely didn’t even meet with him.
My understanding is he wants to play in the halves but we were only interested in him at fullback.

My understanding is he wants to play in the halves but we were only interested in him at fullback.
How often, in all of the last 10-15 years when 'position based negotiations' seemed to become all the rage in the NRL, have we actually seen that work out and the player ended up playing out their whole contract in the exact position they kicked and screamed over?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • jd87
  • Clintos
  • Midean
  • Johnny92
  • The Strapper
  • Sproj
  • Swordfish
  • Culhwch
  • Bucking Beads
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Big Del
  • Jazza
  • mitch222
  • thenry
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.