NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Oram to the Tigers, Blore to the Storm in an imminent player swap:

I wonder...might Bellamy do something like this to try and squeeze Fa'alogo into the side (which he needs to do):

1. Fa'alogo
2. Warbrick
3. Smith / Seve
4. Papenheuzen
5. Coates
6. Munster
7. Hughes
8. Welch
9. Grant
10. Kamikamica
11. Katoa
12. Chan
13. Asofa-Solomona

14. Wishart/Garlick
15. Blore
16. King
17. Howarth/Loiero
Come on Sprojey, surely you don’t think Paps in the centres is a good idea

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Come on Sprojey, surely you don’t think Paps in the centres is a good idea

I actually don't but what else does he go? Could wing work? If so, who goes to centre - Warbrick or Coates?

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Fair, I wasn’t aware he was on his way out, but arguable that Olam was good business. Dude couldn’t get back into a very below-par Storm last season.

While he’ll give the Tigers something at some stage, I won’t be surprised if he fails outside the Storm system and it’ll be marked down as another recruiting blunder from the Tigers
Just cause we wouldn’t want him doesn’t mean another club doesn’t. Not everyone can have Staggs and Herbie with Deine as a back up for when Herbie eventually left.

Blore was leaving there squad is mis-balanced they get there hands on a good centre if he can figure out his woes. He only had one bad year it’s not unheard of for that to happen. It’s not like Storm functioned as a great system last year they were probably one of the worst performing top 4 sides the competition has had imo. They definitely won’t be footing the full salary so worth the risk in my books. Can’t be any worse than it already is at that club.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I actually don't but what else does he go? Could wing work? If so, who goes to centre - Warbrick or Coates?
Someone will need to make way in the spine or be happy on the bench.

Here’s one you will like though, apparently we were requesting Lam in exchange for Sailor according the Leopards fans. 🤞

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Someone will need to make way in the spine or be happy on the bench.

Here’s one you will like though, apparently we were requesting Lam in exchange for Sailor according the Leopards fans. 🤞

Good on us if so but man, that is the definition of wishful thinking. If it is true, I like the boldness of it all.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Ronald Volkman has been granted an immediate release by the Warriors and has signed a one year deal with the Dragons

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Zac Hosking moves to the Raiders immediately on a 3 year deal. He has been given an early release by Penrith. That makes them thin at second row depth as well.

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Bugger. I was hoping we'd get Hosking back

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
If the Broncos got rid of Capewell to save money, it probably wouldn't make sense to sign Hosking who'd be on an inflated contracted now. I dunno how much he is getting paid at the Raiders, but I'd imagine its several hundred thousand a year.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
I'm wondering if this is similar to the Jack Bird situation, found something that required extensive surgery to fix up and they were just like nah not worth it, unlike us...

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I'm wondering if this is similar to the Jack Bird situation, found something that required extensive surgery to fix up and they were just like nah not worth it, unlike us...
Volkman was only signed for the season and the original story going around was that it was merely a loan deal. It could be a case where the injury wasn't that serious, but serious enough to rule him out of the pre-season start of the season and they just didn't have the patience for him.

Meanwhile Bird was signed on a four-year deal so the Broncos were more willing to cop that early blow.

That whole Bird story just never added up.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Volkman was only signed for the season and the original story going around was that it was merely a loan deal. It could be a case where the injury wasn't that serious, but serious enough to rule him out of the pre-season start of the season and they just didn't have the patience for him.

Meanwhile Bird was signed on a four-year deal so the Broncos were more willing to cop that early blow.

That whole Bird story just never added up.
Needs season-ending shoulder surgery, so can't really blame them in the end.

Yeah, the Bird thing pisses me off. I started typing how this was similar in some respects as the alleged injury and the true extent is reminiscent of us, but then I realized I didn't want to spend my time talking about Bird.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
To make it worse for the Dragons, Corey Allen has popped an ACL.
I wonder if that was a deciding factor in not signing Volkman 🤔🤔

I think both Volkman and Allan were signed on 1yr deals and effectively there as money ball depth signings, but having them both out for the season and chewing up top 30 spots might be a bit too much.

Genuinely sad to see that Allan has done his ACL... he's not really a young guy living off potential anymore and would've gone to dragons hoping for opportunities and looking to restart his career. I was hoping broncos might've looked at him to bring into the squad as cover for the outside backs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncs30
  • bert_lifts
  • Lozza
  • Brocko
  • Galah
  • Sproj
  • OXY-351
  • Bish
  • broncos4life
  • Organix
  • Strop
  • Gaz
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.