NRL Player Movements & Rumours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roosters to sign players that they should not be able to fit under the cap.

Knights to pay overs for mediocre players.

Titans to sign players that don’t want to be there.

Eels to sign players who are on a steep decline.

Panthers to sign more “players of the future” for Gus’ 30 year plan.

It could be any season.

Broncos release another young talent that goes on to reach almost immortal status. I can't believe we've let Corey Allen go to the Bunnies. He looks like he'll be something special.

Roosters are reportedly looking to offload Napa to bring Taupau to the club.

I wouldn't mind picking up Napa.

Broncos release another young talent that goes on to reach almost immortal status. I can't believe we've let Corey Allen go to the Bunnies. He looks like he'll be something special.
Don’t say this.

Funny - Tapau has been on coogee oval every Tuesday running hard 40m sprint shuttles.... might lend weight to the rumour! But the trainer he’s with has been wearing bunnies training gear every time I’ve seen them

Surely they can afford both. They still have the Sonny Bill and Adrian Morley money in their back pockets i think.

I'm of the opinion that Napa is massively meh now. He doesn't offer a lot in attack, and his glory days were during the shoulder charge years, that's all he knows. The two times he injured our players he was clearly going for a shoulder charge, suddenly realised he can't, and try to adapt on the fly. It would be just like the Roosters to easily take out the trash and replace it with quality somehow.

I'm of the opinion that Napa is massively meh now. He doesn't offer a lot in attack, and his glory days were during the shoulder charge years, that's all he knows. The two times he injured our players he was clearly going for a shoulder charge, suddenly realised he can't, and try to adapt on the fly. It would be just like the Roosters to easily take out the trash and replace it with quality somehow.

Wholeheartedly agree.

Napa wouldn't even make our best 17, we have several better options at Prop.

Who was the last immortal we released? Wally Lewis?

I said almost immortal.
And the last almost immortal we released was... Dale copley? Ash taylor? David mead? We dont have a 100% strike rate but the broncos tend to make the right decisions in the player release department and are proven so with time. Much better track record then most clubs.

And the last almost immortal we released was... Dale copley? Ash taylor? David mead? We dont have a 100% strike rate but the broncos tend to make the right decisions in the player release department and are proven so with time. Much better track record then most clubs.
I'm sure we had the chance to retain smith, Cronk, slater and Munster. We also could have had Thurston and Inglis.

Napa? We don't need to sign forwards. We actually don't need to sign anyone unless DCE somehow comes available. We need to focus on re-signing our talent and sorting out which halves we want to keep: it's only a matter of time until some joke of a club throws around big dollars for one of them, so we need to plan for that now so we don't have another Taylor situation.

EDIT: It looks like the pecking order is, at the moment: Dearden, SOS, Boyd/ Paix?

Last edited:
Napa? We don't need to sign forwards. We actually don't need to sign anyone unless DCE somehow comes available. We need to focus on re-signing our talent and sorting out which halves we want to keep: it's only a matter of time until some joke of a club throws around big dollars for one of them, so we need to plan for that now so we don't have another Taylor situation.

EDIT: It looks like the pecking order is, at the moment: Dearden, SOS, Boyd/ Paix?
Is there my footage of Dearden? Can anyone give us a rundown on his form?

what makes you say that?

personally, i reckon Nikorima will still be 1st choice unfortunately ... who is next is anyones guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • winslow_wong
  • bb_gun
  • Mustafur
  • Fozz
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Sproj
  • Morkel
  • Organix
  • Brocko
  • Battler
  • Waynesaurus
  • Dash
  • Aldo
  • Mighty Bronx
  • broncsgoat
  • Foordy
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • westy316
  • TimWhatley
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.