NRL Players in NFL

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
With The recent talk of Holmes and Taumololo giving NFL a shot, does anyone else think Holmes would be complete mud? He isn't that fast, and has the most upright stance i've ever seen, which is exactly what you don't want in that game... Surely James Roberts or RTS would be arguably the best two RB options? The try Roberts score against the Storm at Suncorp had RB all over it, basically handed the ball from milford, and then runs at pace and steps a couple players. Who do you think would have an actual chance (taking into account age (probably take a couple years to get good) and actual athletic ability)?

If Hayne couldn't make it, I don't think Holmes will.

I'm no expert on NFL, but Roberts and RTS are nowhere near big enough to play RB. They need to have the power to bump off defensive players (who are massive) and crash over from short range, not just speed and steps.

I'm surprised more haven't tried out to be kickers. AFL have had a few punters but RU and RL are probably better field goal takers.

The game is so different. Plus the first time some fella launched his helmet into their knees it would be season over.

IMO I think Taumalolo can make it because his got a bit of speed about him and plus the size but not Holmes he has a bit of speed but not the size but Hayne made it and then after a while made a return back to NRL so anything's possible I guess.

Of the two which trialed Taumalolo would definitely adapt better than Holmes.
Taumalolo could play either side of the ball, I mean there is a lot to learn with offensive or defensive schemes, if he could adjust he could make a good linebacker, but probably fullback/tightend.
I agree with Allo, RTS and Roberts are too small even as a RB.

IMO I think Taumalolo can make it because his got a bit of speed about him and plus the size but not Holmes he has a bit of speed but not the size but Hayne made it and then after a while made a return back to NRL so anything's possible I guess.

I disagree that Hayne "made it"

These guys are trying for careers, not cameos

Hayne did will to get as far as he did, and good on him, but if he "made it" he would still be there playing

His attempt was a bloody good one, but ultimately a failure

I disagree that Hayne "made it"

These guys are trying for careers, not cameos

Hayne did will to get as far as he did, and good on him, but if he "made it" he would still be there playing

His attempt was a bloody good one, but ultimately a failure

If only he'd caught that first punt. Never got a decent shot after that iirc, which spelled the end

Taumalolo as a linebacker that would be something to see. Itll negate his whole offense skill side of things but i think he'd be good in that part of the D. Holmes would be a punt returner at best; putting him in RB or FB he'd get crushed by men twice his size. Wouldnt mind seeing Julian Savea from the ABs give RB a go, or Israel Dagg at WR

I would rather see no Aussie or NZ players wasted on that boring sport.

The NFL players are undoubtedly skilful, but they have very specific skills. League players acquire a far broader skill-set and I see these young lads being wasted. I wish the NFL didn't have such ludicrous salaries but after watching "Concussion" and "Ballers" I understand the need to make hay while the sun shines. Pity it has lead to extravagant lifestyles and ridiculous media attention. If the NRL goes that way any further the ticket prices and jersey costs will be so unaffordable I don't see people taking their kids to games.
Honestly, that type of greed is an infection that I hope the NRL can resist.
Take the GAA in Ireland as an example of a thriving amateur competition that inspires true allegiances for your team and playing for pride in the jersey. Those men and women leave it all on the field and don't shop themselves around. They play to keep their position. The clubs look after them if they get injured and to find work or education while they train and play. It's quite a nice setup. The only problem is that some clubs are better off than others due to populations and donations etc.

To get back to the point: the NRL is working towards something that works for the US. I don't know will it work here. If players want to play NFL let them but in my opinion it seems as though they are just looking for a quick buck. I am sure they enjoy watching the NFL. I do too. But they're turning their backs on the men and women and clubs who got them to the NRL on a flight of fancy. The majority of their skills would be wasted playing for about 11 minutes of actionable game time. I do understand that the pay is better but it seems like a waste to me.

They should focus that energy on learning how to be successful after football and using the money they earn wisely.

Concussion was a good movie, a bit sensationalist when compared to the real story but good nonetheless.

The only person I can think of that would adapt easily would be a Prime G.I, based on his size, strength and speed. That being said, he wouldnt make it to the NFL unless he was able to pick up the playbook extremely fast.

NFL is extremely complicated and having to learn that is a big thing. The thing that gives Taumololo an advantage of Hayne is that he is a lot younger, therefore has more time to learn the playbook.

Active Now

• LittleDavey
  • Inknition
  • Sproj
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Cavalo
  • Maroon4life
  • sooticus
  • something
  • Mr Fourex
  • Santa
  • Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncsgoat
  • DrGee
  • bb_gun
  • Bish
  • Pablo
  • levikaden
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.