CROSS FORUM NRL Round 13 Discussion

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Fucking lol Saifiti has zero brains... that was the dumbest shit ever.

If you're gonna get binned for going after Mahoney they snot him in the face and make it worth it

this could cost him more than a sin bin

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
Not Obriens biggest fan but they did just come off winning 4 straight without their best player. Not exactly tonnes of offensive talent either. They are 6 and 6.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Bulldogs effort in defence was brilliant. Our lads need to take note of how they go about things. They’re not as talented as other teams but they have a proper crack

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Canterbury just played better wet weather footy. Kicked often, kept turning runners in and eventually they were able to expose defenders. They were also really pushing the ruck the entire night and that just fed into the Knights frustrating performance. They were poor, but the Bulldogs were all too happy to rub their faces in it and it took it's toll.

The backrowers were great for the Dogs and Mahoney led them around wonderfully from dummy half.

It's a good win to Canterbury, but I wouldn't read a ton into it.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Canterbury just played better wet weather footy. Kick often, keep turning runners in and eventually you'll expose a weak defender. They were also really pushing the ruck the entire night and that just fed into the Knights frustrating performance. They were poor, but the Bulldogs were all too happy to rub their faces in it and it took it's toll.

The backrowers were great for the Dogs and Mahoney led them around wonderfully from dummy half.

It's a good win to Canterbury, but I wouldn't read a ton into it.
I feel like their attack played with a bit of confidence this week and it might be on the back of their strong defence.

They didn't seem bothered with giving away errors, because they're now confident in themselves to defend their errors... it's like how the broncos are happy to push the ball because we defend errors (up until last week anyway).

Interesting game next week against Parra.

Both teams coming in with confidence and parra with players back... big day game on a NSW public holiday.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I feel like their attack played with a bit of confidence this week and it might be on the back of their strong defence.

They didn't seem bothered with giving away errors, because they're now confident in themselves to defend their errors... it's like how the broncos are happy to push the ball because we defend errors (up until last week anyway).

Interesting game next week against Parra.

Both teams coming in with confidence and parra with players back... big day game on a NSW public holiday.
They understood the assignment and made their own luck in the conditions. That opening try to Addo-Carr sums it up for me. Ball knocked out of Hutchinson's hands, finds Addo-Carr who chips and chases, should have been covered by the fullback, but he makes a meal of it and the Bulldogs strike a huge blow.

To their credit, the defence has been a real feature and there's been games where they should have been blown out and they kept it respectable. One of those games that comes to mind was the Round 1 clash vs. Parra. End scoreline wasn't great, but if it was the same Bulldogs as 2023, it would have been 50+ given how well the Eels played.

Take nothing away from their performance tonight, but we already saw them smash the Knights six weeks ago. The Eels, Roosters, Sharks, Warriors will be a good barometre - the Roosters game especially. They beat them earlier in the year, but the Roosters put in the most diabolical half of football of the year and nearly got them at the death.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
They understood the assignment and made their own luck in the conditions. That opening try to Addo-Carr sums it up for me. Ball knocked out of Hutchinson's hands, finds Addo-Carr who chips and chases, should have been covered by the fullback, but he makes a meal of it and the Bulldogs strike a huge blow.

To their credit, the defence has been a real feature and there's been games where they should have been blown out and they kept it respectable. One of those games that comes to mind was the Round 1 clash vs. Parra. End scoreline wasn't great, but if it was the same Bulldogs as 2023, it would have been 50+ given how well the Eels played.

Take nothing away from their performance tonight, but we already saw them smash the Knights six weeks ago. The Eels, Roosters, Sharks, Warriors will be a good barometre - the Roosters game especially. They beat them earlier in the year, but the Roosters put in the most diabolical half of football of the year and nearly got them at the death.
I'm really interested to see how they go against Eels.

I think Eels should be favourites, but their fitness concerned me last night.

I just think dogs looked confident tonight so it will be interesting to see how they go against that upcoming draw... that confidence could erode quite quickly if they get some scores put on them, but at the moment they have the 3rd best F/A in the comp, which is some turnaround compared to where they were last year.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Not Obriens biggest fan but they did just come off winning 4 straight without their best player. Not exactly tonnes of offensive talent either. They are 6 and 6.

Titans, Tigers, decimated Warriors and Dolphins though.

JayPee

JayPee

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2017
Titans, Tigers, decimated Warriors and Dolphins though.
Warriors had most of their squad for that game and the Dolphins are ok. Im surprised they have won those games tbh. Hastings and Cogger is the worst halves combo in the game. They were so bad. Thats their problem.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Is Preston Riki any relation to Jordan?

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
Warriors had most of their squad for that game and the Dolphins are ok. Im surprised they have won those games tbh. Hastings and Cogger is the worst halves combo in the game. They were so bad. Thats their problem.

There are several teams without their best. They shouldn't be so heavily reliant on Kalyn Ponga, he's been a bit of an injury magnet, that and Origin, he misses a lot of footy for them each season.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Holy ****, the dragons are so bad.

Fozz

Fozz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Mar 4, 2008
Luciano is a great value buy for any team playing the Dragons

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Is McLean filling the flog quota at penrith by sporting the Taylan May haircut

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Suffering massively for having a hooker at 7. He’s got no idea.
Why have they been running so much through him though... Junior Flanagan isn't the best, but why is the number 3 hooker doing all the kicking over the starting half

Unread

Active Now

• Hoof Hearted
  • Santa
  • Xzei
  • Big Del
  • Dash
  • Brotherdu
  • GCBRONCO
  • Lostboy
  • RolledOates
  • sooticus
  • Dexter
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.